UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cosmetic Surgery

Kathyw

Yes.

If I could afford breast reduction I would have it done tomorrow.

They are a feckin curse. I look like a pair of boobs with a woman stood behind them. They are bigger than my head and make my shoulders and back hurt. Even if they didn't hurt I stiil would.

I want a flat chest with teeny ones :mad:

I even overheard my daughter's friend saying, "mate, I'm not kidding but muahahahah" after she saw my bra on the landing :laugh: :laugh: :mecry: :mecry: but as she is like my third daughter I didn't kill her :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

If I could afford breast reduction I would have it done tomorrow.

They are a feckin curse. I look like a pair of boobs with a woman stood behind them. They are bigger than my head and make my shoulders and back hurt. Even if they didn't hurt I stiil would.

I want a flat chest with teeny ones :mad:

Hi,

I don't know how it works in the UK but my sister didn't have the money either, she fought for years and finally got it through her health insurance as she could prove that it posed a danger to her health. It was a long and tough road but she is so much happier now. :flowers:

I wouldn't mind having some of the deeper furrows on my face filled in with something, but I'd be terrified of the thought of botox in case it all went horribly wrong. Of course I would like my baps not to be so far south as they are, but that's gravity for ya! I am concerned that when I put on weight now (I'm 42) it appears as a muffin top round my middle, nowhere else, and my bottom seems to have gone completely flat as a result of spending too much time sitting on it.

I would consider electrolysis for hair removal though...I wish someone had told me that when you hit forty your eyebrows disappear and the hairs reappear on your chin, and bizarrely your lower leg hairs migrate north and hang around on the fringes of your bikini line - what's that all about then?! :ohmy: :laugh:

I'm not convinced that surgery can ever truly change the person you are on the inside, and I'd be worried if I had something 'fixed' to boost my confidence, then I would find something else about my physical appearance to dislike...

Edited by PrincessC

My eyebrows are disappearing and the hair sprouting out of my nose instead! At least you can pluck your chin, have you ever plucked a nasal hair? :mecry: :mecry: :laugh:

I agree about doing something to boost your confidence, I found loads of other things I hated after I'd had my boobs de-sagged. Thankfully nothing too major and nothing I'm that bothered about [at the moment]

It's not a confidence thing with me, at my age I don't care but the straightner thing made me think again.

I have thought of it and then dismissed it many times.

I really do not like the idea of scapels round my face, I don;t care how good the person doing it is.

When I had the brain surgery, two surgeons were involved, ent chap for the pathway and a neurosurgeon for the tumour itself. Both were the top in their field, I had then checked out :)

That morning I was a mess, I phoned Ray and left a message (he was out walking Blue) I said ' I just wanted to say I love you and if I don't make it please look after Blue and Twospussycat.'

Made him feel great when he heard it :laugh:

My poor Mum was in tears because I was crying and so scared.

I had said to the neurochap that if anything went wrong and I would end up gaga they were to let me go, my family wouldn't sue or anything.

I was having the needle and asked who the man was with his back to me, they said that's Mr whoever (ent)and as I had only met the neurosurgeon, I asked him to turn round so I could look at him. I asked if he was feeling calm he replied he was now as he had just drunk a bottle of whisky. :angry: :laugh:

I went to sleep very scared.

So to put myself through something similar when it is not neccessary would be insane.

Kathy I'm not sure what the procedure involves but you could ask if it's possible to have a local rather than a general for it if you're scared of the anaesthetic :flowers:

Not scared of being knocked out - scared of what happens when I am :(

Moot point anyway, I think I am going to decline the offer. :)

I'd have no compunction about having it done if there was something I desperately wanted to change or if it was for reconstructive purposes (hopefully won't be necessary :( )

I'm booked in for laser eye surgery in February but I don't know if that counts as cosmetic... I am pretty short sighted and can't wait to not have to use contacts every day :biggrin: :biggrin: I've been desperate to have this done for years.

I wouldn't mind a nose job but when I say that people always tell me not to be so stupid so I think the problem with that is mostly in my head... either that or they're all just trying to make me feel better :unsure: :laugh:

I would also love bigger boobs (I'm a 34B) but would never have silicone put into my body so that rules that out.

Other than that I can't think of anything else urgent but some kind of pain-free procedure to permanently get rid of unwanted leg/bikini line/underarm hair would be nice :)

Edited by cockergirl