UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cosmetic Surgery

Kathyw

I have been offered the chance to have 'straighteners' in one side of my face because I had surgery a few years ago and my face dropped more than it usually would have because of the nearness of the tumour to the facial nerve on that side.

Now that would mean theat on one side I would looked 45-50ish while still looking like methusula on t'other.

This was offered some time ago and I ignored it but the offered was offered again recently, in between I was considering some lifting etc, but I too have seen the progs and it makes my stomach heave to think of it.

So if it was you what would you do? and most important, if it is not 'neccessary' do you think it is right?

I mean if it is just for vanity.

Over to you................................................

And yes there does appear to be a crane big enough :ohmy: :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had the money and was brave enough, Id have CS. I dont think theres anything wrong with someone having it done, its up to them, Ive often wished I could have a face-lift and booby implants, but Im a bit of a coward and a bit skint, so I,ll have to stay looking like this for now :rolleyes:

I dont think it matters if its "necessary" or not, if the person having it done isnt happy with something and wants to change it, thats "necessary" to them personally, so no, I dont think vanity comes into it. I think people who are vain are happy with how they look and dont feel they can improve on perfection, its people who arnt happy with something about them that have CS, and why not?

If you want it done Kathy, you go for it. :flowers:

I say each to their own. If someone is uncomfortable with the way they look for some reason and it is affecting their happiness then go for it.

Or it is reconstructive surgery like a relative of mine had after breast cancer then fine.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a long winded way is do what you feel comfortable with.

I do think the Pete ( the one like a woman with funny lips ) whatshis face off Big Brother was a tad ott mind. :laugh: :laugh:

Kazz xx

I allways said for my 50th birthday I would have a face lift :unsure: but that was at a time when I was single and felt it very important that I looked my best all the time :unsure: Since seeing and reading about what actually happens etc I'm not sure I could be brave enough to go ahead with it :unsure: and perhaps being married now I'm in a comfort zone and am more comfortable in myself rather than in my looks :unsure: I'll report back in a few years :rolleyes:

I have never been one for checking myself in mirrors. I put the stuff on my face and that was it, out I went.

The thing is if I do not take up this now it willnot be offered again as it will have dropped to far, plus I would stillneed to have some cosmetic stuff done to even it up.

The thought of what could go wrong fills me with horror but the muscle in one side of my face is all but usless, and part of me does think it's vanity, though saying that a friend of our Maria had a very large nose and saved up and had surgery in the London Clinic, it cost her £500.00 odd (this was 1973) the difference it made to her confidence was amazing. she was 24 and had never had a boyfriend, though she was pretty, after the surgery she was always out on dates so it really did help her and anyway it was nose, that's mainly bone but pulling skin about makes me feel sick. ugh methinks I'll pass on this.

Edited by Kathyw

I desperately want a boob job. I've lost almost 3 stone in weight this year and my boobs have shrank.

I hate them so much it depresses me and if I had the money I'd have them done. Ive actually been liooking into how I could afford it without a loan and unless I win the lottery i cant :mecry: :mecry:

It is a vanity thing I guess from my point of view, I'm happy with everything else I just want bigger boobs.

In the meantime I;ve asked Santa to bring me some silicone infills :mecry: go help me if I ever pull :mecry: :rolleyes: :wacko: :laugh:

I think if it makes the person feel more confident/happy in themselves and it's something to please them rather than someone else, who am I to tell them what to do.

I always wanted a nose job, but having seen on TV how things work and knowing how squeamish I am, I really couldn't put myself through that.

I think there are many degrees of cosmetic surgery - some entirely understandable and some, like wanting to contort your face/look like a celebrity (only they never do, do they?) are a tad bizarre.

If it's something that you feel would benefit you Kathy, well only you can decide that :flowers:

*** I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses*** lalalala

That is my motto and I would never ever consider it for myself. But then, I don't give a sh*t what I look like and never did. I am comfortable with myself and you wont catch me being on a diet either although I probably could do with one. I am at the age of 40 now and bits and bo(o)bs are starting to migrate South :laugh: , and if I had the money for plastic surgery I would probably buy dog food with it and other canine goodies (yeah, I know, I am a sad sad person :biggrin: ).

But saying that; I know two peeps who had plastic surgery both with medical indication. One was my older sister who had a boob reduction as she developed chronic back pain from the *load* she carried. She is a lot happier now and has more Umpf :D . The other is a teenage boy who has had his acne scars treated - they were so severe that he was suicidal.

I think, if it makes a person happier and more self assured then why not. :flowers:

Sarah

Absolutley. Without doubt i would have CS and just for vanity reasons, but hey, i'm vain! :laugh:

Kathy, if you won't get another chance say yes and at least have the consultations etc where you can find out the pros and cons and discuss your worries and expectiation with the surgeon.

You can always back out later :flowers:

If i had the money i'd have CS done tomorrow.

I have very low self esteem, and its all because of the way i look. Every morning i look in the mirror and just want to cry at what i see.

My list of wants is

Breast reduction and lift,

tummy tuck

lipsuction on my bottom and thighs

face lift

chin reconstruction

face peel (to get rid of acne scars)

would like my double chin taking away too

I think its a personal decision and if it makes you feel better about yourself then go for it. There's nothing worse than being in a body you hate :(

Yes I would and yes I have. You should only ever consider it for yourself, never because someone else wants you to.

I had a breast lift 4.5 years ago and can honestly say it was the best money I've ever spent as far as confidence goes. I hated my boobs with a passion and hid in baggy jumpers for years, always hated to be seen naked etc. I can now wear clothes without a bra if I want so and can wear pretty bras without danger of a puddle of loose skin hanging over the top :ohmy: I wouldn't personally have implants simply because the rest of my body is right for my age and having the baps of a twenty year old would just look silly.

I did go for a consultation for a face lift a couple of years ago but the surgeon wouldn't do it, he said I was silly to consider it or at least 10 more years and if I insisted I'd have to go elswhere because he wasn't doing it! He did agree to do my upper eyes though and I had that done with a local anaesthetic. The difference is noticeable but I'm still unhappy with my face. Guess I'll just have to live with it :laugh: I'll never be a beauty queen, nor would I want to look perfect, just me without wrinkles, but I think everyone at some point has to grow old gracefully and accept their creases.

Kathy if you're comfortable with the way you look, stay as you are but if it's something that bothers you have the surgery :flowers: