UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Aww Clare I love the dressage clip. I dont know how you can remember it all. I cant even find the letters in the school. If someone could explain to me the rationale behind the order they are in it might help. Otherwise I think alphabetical order might have been a bit more helpful. :biggrin:

I remember the basic letters as 'A Fat Black Mother Cat Had Eight Kittens', if that's any help :biggrin:

I thought I would never in a million years remember my way around a test, but for me it was just a case of using the letters a lot in my lessons so I got familiar with where they were, and then just learning tests in my head by repetition. And doing it on foot round the living room about 50 times (when there was no one watching :laugh:)

Anne, we need some pics of Herbert :wub:

Interesting stuff about the communicator and Rolo.

Awww fanks :blush02:

I hate my hands if I could swap anything it would be those, I am getting better at home but once I forget to focus on them they wobble and go, I quote RI, "wishywashy"

The saddle definately is not helping me, it has been altered since the last video and is slightly better but not a lot, I am saving for a dressage saddle but for now I will just have to put up with it :)

I got 60.9% and got our first away from home rosette for 6th place :ohmy: :biggrin: The judge said "Lovely horse, just got unbalenced and tense during canter, but some promising work" and wait for it ........ I got two 8s for my centre lines!

Bobbysmum I don't really know exactly what letters are where, I learn the test as a pattern :) But the saying I leant was All King Edwards Horses Can Manage Big Fences. Its a pain when you are looking for F in a hurry :laugh:

Glad the reading made some sense Jen :flowers:

Pictures of Herbert please Anne :biggrin:

Ouch hope your niece isn't too sore in the moring Pendlewitch :flowers:

Definately time for bed :tired:

Good lord you've been busy!! Okay hope I remember everyone, Angel :biggrin: Congratulations on your new (shared) neddy...definately need photo's!!

Clare :flowers: Can't see your vid...or for that matter comment cos I know NOTHING about dressage..so you look brill to me!! :laugh: Loki is stunning, he's really getting quiet striking now he's filled out and muscled.

Jen, that reading sounds very spooky! I too was very unsure about comminicators but the one I had done for Kane made me change the way I dealt with him (for the better) so even if it's a load of old bollox then I don't really care cos it worked for me!

Beautiful pictures Anne, they are such a lucky lot your horses.

Bobbymum, I don't hack out on Kane alone anymore. Last time when he threw me off and gallopped home along a country lane was the final straw! He's just not confident enough (or me) to try again, I'll hack him around the land on the farm and that's it until things really improve.

Had a fantastic weekend, hacked out both days with new people (Helen has had an op so can't ride for 2 months). It was actually really nice to ride with different people!! Sounds horrible but you know what I mean! Kane was again perfect, I can't believe how much he's improved recently! He's a star. :wub: :wub:

Oh why isn't it editing... knew I'd forget someone!!

Alison!! Well done for the hacking!! Icey's are the best!!! :biggrin: (My friend Liz has a new hacking 'friend' at her new yard...at 17.2hh TB!!! It's extreamly funny seeming them go out...13hh Icey and the HUGE gangly legged thing..and guess who leads the ride and is always in front!!! :laugh: :wink: )

:unsure: Wanda's blood test are in and she is anaemic and quite severely so, no wonder the poor girl looked so tired. She is on Visorbin to get her blood count back up and has to have 10 days bute and has not to work at all, a further blood test will be taken in two weeks to see how things are. Although I feel somewhat vindicated as despite being constantly told it was behavioural I just knew she wasn't right and I also feel dreaful that she's been ill for some time and I haven't helped her! :crying_anim:

:unsure: Wanda's blood test are in and she is anaemic and quite severely so, no wonder the poor girl looked so tired. She is on Visorbin to get her blood count back up and has to have 10 days bute and has not to work at all, a further blood test will be taken in two weeks to see how things are. Although I feel somewhat vindicated as despite being constantly told it was behavioural I just knew she wasn't right and I also feel dreaful that she's been ill for some time and I haven't helped her! :crying_anim:

:GroupHug: Don't worry, you've done the best you can for her.

So how on earth has she become anaemic? Worrying but at least you've found out what it is and it's pretty easy to sort out. I'm sure she'll be back to her full naughty self soon!!! :wub:

Awww Wanda :GroupHug:

My old boy was found to be anemic but was fine with treatment, I used to give him Redcell supplement which smells lovely, someone at our yard uses it and the smell still reminds me of him :wub:

Don't give yourself a hard time :flowers: :GroupHug:

Been out and bought a snake!! It is very realisitc - took me a while to pluck up the courage to pick it up!! Probably slightly larger than an adder, but the wrong colour - bright green so it should stand out in the sand school!!

It is too realistic to introduce him to just yet I feel - think we will start with a belt, then a bit of hose and so on!

Why did I get a baby?!!

Oh fantastic gooster :elefant: I was curious as to how their loaning scheme worked when I was looking. Do you have your eye on any horse inparticular?

Looking forward to Herbert videos :biggrin:

I am with Rolo on snakes :ohmy:

I have a very good and reputable farrier coming out tonight to give me a second opinion on Loki's feet. He said that he expects my farrier to be right, and I hope he is, as he is a reliable farrier who is good with Loki, but just need another farrier to reasure me that it is his feet that aren't great, not the way he is being shod :rolleyes:

:mecry: No fair!!! :mecry:

If you ever find yourself in Berkshire, you are very welcome to have a play with Loki :flowers:

It is really my day off, but boss is still poorly so I went to ride Herbert. I stuck the camera in boss' ands and she took pics and videos of us :biggrin:

walk

HerbertandAnne13-08-07004.jpg

Trot

HerbertandAnne13-08-07007.jpg

HerbertandAnne13-08-07009.jpg

HerbertandAnne13-08-07006.jpg

canter

HerbertandAnne13-08-07016.jpg

HerbertandAnne13-08-07017.jpg

HerbertandAnne13-08-07012.jpg

HerbertandAnne13-08-07018.jpg

and the vids

video 1

video 2

video 3

As you can see he has a tendency to go a bit heavy in the hand, although it is nothing compared to 8 days ago, and not as bad actually as it looks in pics.

Today after I had cantered I could place his head exactly as low as I wanted in trot, much lower than ever before, and without him leaning on me, which was really cool! In canter I can't do much about his head position at all lol, but today was probably the best canter he has done so far, these last 4 days.

My boss and I are really pleased with how well behaved he. I lufs him a bit :wub:

I really regret now all the times I've corrected people on here for their seat/hands/everything :rolleyes: :laugh: please be gentle with me!

p.s. please not that I am wearing proper riding trousers (don't know what you call them), not jeans! That has not happened for years and years :laugh:

Edited by doggie mum