UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Got a bargain rug for Kane....£50 reduced to £27!! High necked and like a duvet!!! This is the woman that 2 years ago was determined her horse wouldn't be rugged!! It's all this rain...makes me feel guilty!!!! :wacko:

well in your defense rain is much colder than actual coldness! :flowers:

He went really well for him - his considered opinion - nice pony, moves nicely, not particularly spooky - just needs a lot of desensitising. I feel so relieved!!! :biggrin:

always good to know, definetely good for your confidence for the future :flowers:

Well done Rolo, you are a lucky boy having such a dedicated mum!

Gooster, there are horses out there who will do as much or as little as you want. Although Wanda is a big horse and a fantastic show jumper she does not believe in doing any more than is asked. She can get silly but that's when more is asked from her, when my niece rides her she's a long donkey, when I ride her she's up and working and when my instructor rides her she's a dressage super star!

Start looking! :biggrin:

well in your defense rain is much colder than actual coldness! :flowers:

That's what I thought!! Last year he was just wet, dry, wet, dry and it's can't be good for him. The first 2 winters I had him were really cold and frosty but not wet so he was happy unrugged. :biggrin: (And I do still have some material to send you but keep forgetting!!!!) :rolleyes:

Once we have got Rolo sorted San, you will have to come and ride him - don't hold your breath waiting tho!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for being so positive everyone - I honestly do not believe that Rolo is lucky to have me - I think most people would do the same - he is such a nice person, and I love him dearly, but I know my limits and current behaviour is way beyond them, hence getting someone else to hack him!! :biggrin:

Chap from yesterday is going to hack him out down the bridle path next week and see how he gets on. I am hoping that a local girl will then take over and hack him out once a week for me. In the meantime, I will ride and lunge in the school, and , when my side recovers, around the farm.

Saddler is out today - chap yesterday thought that the saddle was too narrow for him (eek - my hips can only just cope with this one!!), but that could be because of the grip pad that the saddler told me to use. It certainly stops the saddle slipping bit it is quite thick in places. We will see what the saddler says.

Ah the joys of young horse ownership!! :rolleyes:

Hope it went ok with the saddler Bradders :flowers:

We went jumping today, despite the horrible weather :rolleyes:

I was brave and entered the next class up from the one we normally do, so it was 2.3ft, sounds really piddly but I was a right state in the warm up when I saw how much the course went up from nice safe class one, I felt very sick and teary :crying_anim02: :rolleyes:

Not helped by Loki being rather fresh in the warm up, I think he is getting fit and stronger now, he certainly gave me a few :ohmy: moments! But did settle eventually.

Evil grin planning what to do to me next

DSCN1117.JPG

One of our calmer moments in the warm up, and shows how well his freezemark has come out

DSCN1113.JPG

We popped round the clear round with only one hairy moment at a fence with big fillers pulled to side (you can see on the background), but he did a lovely clear round :biggrin:

DSCN1123.JPG

Onto the class, and he was great :biggrin: he took me a bit by suprise as he was quite onward bound and I forgot about my seat aids, far too much hand going on, and between fence 1 and 2 we both got a bit excited and thought we were in the grand national :laugh:

We were clear going to the last fence, and I take full responsibility for messing it up, it was a right angled turn to the last fence and he got disunited after landing over the second last, and I dithered over what to do and in the end did nothing, including not putting any leg on for he got right to bottom of the fence and he kicked it out, but I was so pleased with him :biggrin:

OH tried to video it, found it a bit harder than dressage but here is his attempt :laugh:

:biggrin: :biggrin: Video really made me laugh!

Loki really goes nicely doesn't he? He certainly seems to enjoy his jumping - liked his canter too!

Well done!!

When you think that 6 months ago he had not jumped at all - amazing progress!

(Saddler has told me to ride without a numnah - saddle hardly moves then - hello lots ot tack cleaning!! :rolleyes: )

I rode Abi in the outdoor school today as the teens on the yard were having a lesson indoors. For some bizarre reason, I had a severe case of bravery :unsure: I took it upon myself to go out ON MY OWN, for a gentle walk around the block. We never made it all the way round though as the street we were to go up, had 2 kids playing tennis. So we went to the end of the road and back :biggrin:

If anyone had heard me singing 10 green bottles, I am sure they would have thought I was a little mad :rolleyes: Helped to keep me calm though.

I am loving having a horse to care for.

Well done Clare!!! :flowers: He's such a star! :wub:

Hope you get your braves back soon Jenny, Rolo is lucky to have you and not everyone would be doing what you are for him!!! :wink:

Angel did we get pictures yet??? :laugh:

Had a lovely weekend, Fugee who won the last auction for a beach ride came (well the first one cos got 2 coming) Brenda's daughter Rachel. Unfortunately on sunday it was about as windy as it gets here...so blowing a gale!!!!! :ohmy: Got to the big beach we were supposed to have a gallop/canter on....and it was FULL of those bloody stupid things that have big sails and go fast across the sand (god knows what they are called!!) so didn't help that Lynn had turned back with Minty because she seemed lame...so Kane had a massive paddy..jumped about abit and absolutely refused to go on the beach (thats a first!!). I ended up having to get off and we walked up the path instead. I watched and the people on those things were being extreamly dangerous and not stopping for dogs or walkers so it wasn't a good idea to even try going on the beach again!! So I got back on and Kane became brave again, so managed a quick canter up the track, then went to another quiet beach and had a little canter! Then a good 6 mile hack home. Think Rachel enjoyed herself, her mum managed to take some pictures of Rachel so hopefully she'll post them here soon.

I was extreamly proud of Kane he was very good and of course Danny was perfect as always. :biggrin:

Good luck with the tack cleaning Bradders :laugh:

Glad your share is working out well Angel, second Jacky we need pics! :biggrin:

Sounds an interesting ride Jacky, I hate those kite surfer things, when we go to Cornwall there are loads, scare me to death and we try to stay as far away as possible, but they don't seem to care where they go :angry:

Looking at the recent videos OH has taken, I have realised I need to do something about losing a lot of weight and getting fit, I am so inflexible in my back it is scarey! Oh well it gives me something to work on over the winter wibble :rolleyes:

Looking at the recent videos OH has taken, I have realised I need to do something about losing a lot of weight and getting fit, I am so inflexible in my back it is scarey! Oh well it gives me something to work on over the winter wibble :rolleyes:

Way ahead of you!! I've just had my breakfast bar (low calorie!) and got my rice cakes, low-fat humous and orange for lunch. :angry: :angry: Kane is at his lowest weight ever (and getting lots of ohhhh isn't he looking fantastic comments) while his mum is a big fat sack of spuds on his back!!!! :mecry: Maybe we should start a horse owners weight loss thread!! :laugh:

Maybe we should start a horse owners weight loss thread!! :laugh:

Yes :laugh:

One of the horsey magazine had an article on gym ball exercises to improve core strength and balence. OH nearly wet himself watching me try to do the exercises :wacko: He did comment that maybe I should be wearing my body protector and hat, as the bleedin thing kept chucking me off :laugh:

This morning I have had a class of OJ and a banana, lunch is weightwatches bread and tuna, yum yum yum :mellow: