UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Kalypso and Ira + foals were turned out on over night paddock last weekend. Took some pics on tuesda. The surviving twin has gained lots of weight with all the grass and not having to share milk :wub: . Unfortunately he is not keen on people, but we are working on it (didn't help that I had to worm him last week :mellow: )

Iras foal, Rachmaninov, is doing well, and is always up for cuddles :cool:

07-08-07006G.jpg

07-08-07007F.jpg

07-08-07008E.jpg

07-08-07009D.jpg

07-08-07010C.jpg

07-08-07011B.jpg

07-08-07012A.jpg

Lovely photos as usual Anne!

Just thought I would post a milestone for me.

I HACKED OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS!

I have had a hacking phobia following my accident in August 2000, seven years to the day I went out and did a 2 hour hack on a 13.2 Icelandic, roadwork and fields.

OK, so I didn't do any cantering or anything too scary but this is a huge achievement for me - these small hairy horses are my saviours!

Tentatively going to mention that in half an hour I am going to the stables to meet a lady about the "possible" share/loan of her mare Abby :unsure: Basically I mentioned to a friend that Steve has given the OK for me to have a horse on loan and she said that this woman was looking for someone as she cannot ride Abby anymore due to her being too wide for her (she has recently had hip problems, owner not horse). Obviously a few things to discuss with her before I know if it is a goer.

I am nervous :wacko:

I have probably missed you but good luck :flowers: Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Well done Alison, that is a huge achievement :flowers: Have you ridden Cueva yet?

Lovely pics Anne, foalies :wub:

Good luck with Abby!!! I was really nervous going to see Tiffany (i know its not a great name is it :rolleyes: ) and doubly nervous going to ride her next week - i hate people watching me ride. So thought id go up to stables today and have a hack out just so i have actually ridden before i ride tiffany. Rang up old manager and she said it was fine to go out (they are closed on fridays) so went up, got Bud from field and plodded out for a ride.

Went exporing in woods. He can be a big baby and spook a lot esp new places so we did have a few stops for no apparant reason but i was in no hurry so just left him to work out that it was ok to go forward :rolleyes: at the bottom of one track was an open farmers field that had just been cut so had a sneaky canter through there there, he threw himself across the field when went past a big stone....they are major scarey dont you know....then on way back i let him to what he wanted so plodded up hill then had a trot and canter along a grassy stretch and then plodded home. Was nice to be out ridding again :biggrin: still ridding a 16hh cob isnt going to prepare me very well for 15.2 warmblood (except for spookyness aparantly tiffany does a lot of it) good excuse to go out though.

Lovely pics anne - what a fab field as well! lucky horseys

argh it wont let me edit my post - i meant to add well done alison!! bet its a huge relief to actually have done it now....hope you manage to find a yard - easier said than done i guess

vickyx

Well I went to see Abi (norty me spelling her name wrong), she is very nice. 15hh bay Welsh Cob sect D. Her owner left me with her while she brought her other horse in from the paddock so I could say hello to her, then we went into the school where I saw her being lunged. She has very nice paces. Very voice responsive, even changes direction on one rein with the word "change".

I am riding her in the morning................... :wacko: :wacko: uh oh, there are those nerves again :rolleyes: Owner said she is more than happy for my children to ride her too, mind you they are better than me :laugh:

Well done Alison, hopefully you will find somewhere more suited for you quickly.

:biggrin: Well done Mist!! Good luck with a yard hunt :flowers:

Ooh lucky folks that seem to be getting horse share/loans, I yam very jealous though don't actually have the time to do a share - unless anyone knows of someone in W Sussex that has full time livery and just wants a person to ride their happy hacker horse? :wink:

Is it just my fat calves or do chaps come in really small sizes? :unsure: I wanted to get some new ones so i look semi smarter now as my current ones are cheapy shire ones which tbh are a bit manky and stinky :rolleyes: Anyway i measured my calves and according to robinsons and derby house website i am a large (and not even just a large either :ohmy: )

Now im 5ft 8 and 9 1/2 stone.........am quite concerned that i take a large size chaps!! my old ones were a large but i got them when i was 2 stone heavier and they annoy me now cause they are too baggy and twist round. Should i just go for a medium or trust the size charts and go with a large? (even better i should just go down to tack shop and try some on but dont like our local place its over priced with v.unhelpful people)

Is it just my fat calves or do chaps come in really small sizes? :unsure: I wanted to get some new ones so i look semi smarter now as my current ones are cheapy shire ones which tbh are a bit manky and stinky :rolleyes: Anyway i measured my calves and according to robinsons and derby house website i am a large (and not even just a large either :ohmy: )

Now im 5ft 8 and 9 1/2 stone.........am quite concerned that i take a large size chaps!! my old ones were a large but i got them when i was 2 stone heavier and they annoy me now cause they are too baggy and twist round. Should i just go for a medium or trust the size charts and go with a large? (even better i should just go down to tack shop and try some on but dont like our local place its over priced with v.unhelpful people)

Don't talk to me about fat calves :mellow: I have lost 4 stone and they are still the same size (I have Lipoedema app, which means they will always be fat) I got chaps recently and I think mine are x large, I'm only 5ft 3

Wow everyone has been busy again.

Angel155. Hope all goes well tomorrow morning and you fall in love with Abi.

Well done Mist for hacking out. I have hacked out 3 times now but am not going on my own for a very long time yet if ever. Hope you find a nice yard very quickly.

The foals look just gorgeous and lovely photos as usual.

I had my second lesson today. It went better than last week. Unfortunately she cant come to the yard next week so may be back to square one in 2 weeks.

have hacked out 3 times now but am not going on my own for a very long time yet if ever.

I rarely hack out on my own - Rolo is certainly not up to it yet - nor am I on Rolo!!! :laugh:

Lots of exciting news on the sharing front - fingers crossed for everyone :)

If Rolo was a bit more predictable San, I would say come up and ride him, but we are working through a few too many issues at the mo!

Well done Alison - that is fantastic - onwards and upwards! Sorry you are havign yard issues - hope you get them sorted.

Great photos Ann - am suffering pasture envy!! (Mind you Rolo would be the size of a house on such lovely pasture!)

Wow everyone has been busy again.

Angel155. Hope all goes well tomorrow morning and you fall in love with Abi.

:wub: :wub:

I am definately in love with her.

Met her owner this morning, I took Abi from her stable to the grooming bay and Norma had me groom her. She then tacked her up so I could see how she was being tacked, she used to be very headshy so Norma has certain ways to do things (which of course I will continue). We then went into the indoor school. I was very nervous indeed, not sure whether it was different horse syndrome, or the fact that her owner was there :rolleyes: We walked round for a little while, with me doing plenty of shoulder rolling and deep breathing. Was she was happy that I was relaxing and chilling out Norma left me while she went to sort other horse :ohmy: Did lots of circles and bending in both walk and trot (wasn't brave enough to do canter :laugh: ) She is very forward going and responds very well to voice and seat aids. Hardly any leg needed at all.

Norma then asked if I wanted her to walk out with me around the block (double :ohmy:) so off we went. Saw a couple horse killing full bin bags and a very scary drain lorry, but with a lot of reassurance we went past.

So guys, it looks like I may have a horse :biggrin: :biggrin: