UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

we did this in 1991 concerning the dda the public were happy to pay for stamps and happy to send to their mps maybe get a standard letter drawn up that folk can print off and a thread for people to put individual views down which can also be printed and sent by volunteers in their own area

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, some members of SWT have pledged money for stamps so we will be sending a letter to every MP in Parliament. Our stance will be to ask for an Inquiry to be set up independently and that racing greyhounds should be included in the Animal Welfare Bill - specifically that the industry should not be self regulating. We have added that ultimately racing should cease.

If anyone would like to offer the value of a book of stamps, we would be very grateful :flowers: .

I have brought the Times, Mail, Express, Sun, Mirror and Daily Star today , all have carried the Greyhound story ( Mirror was front page ) I will be scanning them all in later if any one would like copies

I think "we" need to get people thinking , are they upset because a man has been shooting dogs in the head with a stud gun , or our they upset that there is such a surplus of dogs created by the racing industry that a man who shoots dogs in the head with a stud gun is "needed"

I hope the press don't make this guy the villain here, I am not approving of his actions but its the industry and its over breeding of Greys and complete lack of after care thats the issue not this one man ,

Ok, some members of SWT have pledged money for stamps so we will be sending a letter to every MP in Parliament. Our stance will be to ask for an Inquiry to be set up independently and that racing greyhounds should be included in the Animal Welfare Bill - specifically that the industry should not be self regulating. We have added that ultimately racing should cease.

If anyone would like to offer the value of a book of stamps, we would be very grateful :flowers: .

As said that is a lot of letters to send and any contribution, from the cost of a book of stamps are a specified amount will be most gratefully received, we have people pledging as much as £20 :flowers:

There was something about this on Radio 1 this evening as well, said they would be reporting from a Greyhound Rescue later (not sure which one). At least it's been brought to people's attention now :(

Now's the time to strike while the iron's hot so to speak. If I can be of help emailing or writing to anybody, please PM me :flowers:

Edited by madmerle