UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

...just about to be on BBC evening news......

Grrrrr.......bloody Lipsey again :mad:

Annette Crosbie too....at least she was angry....and asking for independant monitoring....better than usual

Edited by mandy

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once I have finished scanning all the newspaper articles in I will host them on a new photobucket account and post a link here so that anyone who wants can see them

I will be writing to my local MP as our local track ( Milton keynes ) is currently closed for refurbishment and due to reopen I think early next year , there are a huge number of trainers and breeders locally and yet we have very few rescue places in this area ( for any dog ) literally there are a couple of small self financed rescues in the outlying area with no more than 40 kennels between them

our local RGT does not publicly home dogs in this area and does not have kennels ( that I know of ) so where do the ex racers go in this area :unsure:

when I have written to her regards other issues she has always been quick to reply so I hope this time she is the same

Sam

Have been through this thread and gathered up all the links I could find mentioned, in case anyone wants to use them for any letters to MPs etc.

Times Online

Sunday Times comment

BBC News

The Mirror

The Guardian

Daily Mail

The Sun

Qatar

Times Online - environmental agency

AOL vote

MP listing

Animal Welfare Parliamentary Group

The best thing is to write to your own MP (e-mails work well these days, we have had a few replies from our MP about issues we've written to him on) as thet depend on you to get them elected + the more that ask questions the harder it is to ignore :) , I would also suggest sending Ben Bradshaw (Minister for Animal Welfare) and also Eric Martlew a copy (the power of the internet :) )

I know that there are a lot of posts regarding writing to mp's etc, which i'm sure a lot of us will do, but I wonder if a MOD would mind putting this post:

You can vote on AOL - should Greyhound Racing be outlawed? at the moment the vote is 72% yes

HERE

into a thread of it's own :unsure: purely because some people may have either not come into this thread or have not seen it :unsure: I don't know how much effect the results will have, but it's literally only a click of the button to vote :)

Wouldn't it be great to have a mass march..I wonder how many would turn up? I would Laura if you'd lend me a dog or 2.

I'd like to join in with a mass march. I'd leave my blunties at home tho and borrow a couple of pointies if that would be possible.

Eric Martlew is a fab bloke. His constituency is in a very pro-hunt part of the world yet he had the courage to stand up and denounce hunting and voted to ban it. My MP, Tony Cunningham, is very pro animal welfare and has always answered my e-mails. He and Eric Martlew have neighbouring constituencies so I shall write to both of them.

I could do with some guidance on how the letter should sound - I waffle on and don't always get my points across very well.

Marion