UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that, while it is so sad that so many dogs have died, that at least this might help to highlight the truth about the greyhound racing industry to a wider public. And who knows, perhaps public opinion will start to change. Let's hope so.

How can scum like this man justify what they do :mecry:

I've just sent this link to a couple of local journalists. I'm sure they will pick it up from newswires but thought the more exposure it gets, the better. Trouble is it's very big business up here so regional papers might be wary of upsetting advertisers. It makes me ashamed to be living in the north east :(

Edited by JulesB

its not the first time that figures have shown the scale of the "missing" hounds each year, I thought more were being put down by vets rather than a this type of "service" but even so its tragic article

I am very pleased that the Times has published this article and I shall be emailing them to show my approval ( maybe if they get good feedback then it would encourage them to investigate more Greyhound stories ? )

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: but good on the Sunday Times for doing such a thorough article on it. Let's hope more people realise what the "entertainment" they enjoy is really about. The industry's not going to stop unless it's made to stop and so anyone with an ounce of compassion needs to know the truth about their source of entertainment.

Tis impossible to know whether someone in the RSPCA knew about this man, but one wonders what would have happened to these dogs if the man and his father hadn't been there to end their lives quickly. He's providing a service, vile as it is, which is in demand and may well, according to the article, be legal. Its those people that are happy to dispose of their dogs when they no longer have a use, those people that will pay £10 to have someone end their dog's life, that need stopping.

Thanks for posting this link Wendy :flowers:

I'm just doing my email to the Sunday Times now.

I'm also saying that I hope they will follow up the piece by highlighting the thousands that are thrown from cars, dumped miles from anywhere, have their ears hacked off (so they can't be traced through ear tattoos) or are hung, stabbed and injected with bleach because their 'owners' won't even pay £10 to have some scummy bloke like the one in the article shoot them.

Can anyone tell me what's the best greyhound action/rescue link to include? Is it Greyound Action?

Jules