UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Neighbours yesterday decided to cut our hedge they must have thought I was out but I heard shears clipping and let Baddie out for a wee they stopped instantly but I could smell the fresh cut pine smell and Baddie gave the gap in the fence a VERY hard stare (not like him at all). Now in actual fact I have no objection to them trimming any part of the hedge thats over the boundary we can't get to the back of the hedge without trespassing into their garden so we can't do it for them however on the opposite side of their garden on the boundary between them and their other neighbour there had been an almost identical hedge owned by an elderly lady who had always resisted the funny old fella who died trying to cut it back yet its now gone completely! The entire hedge is in the new neighbours skip out the front :confused: she had to have given them permission to take it down so presumably she must be OK with whateverthehellitis they plan to do to secure their garden as right now it's unsecure on BOTH sides. Rob suspects that our leylandii are going to end up mysteriously so dead wants me to take photos of them every blinking day so we can prove any damage if it comes to it. As it is whatever they do plan to do there is absolutely no way whatsoever they can fence behind those trees without asking us for access as the old wall foundations were laid right on top of the boundary line and then the old guy built a conservatory so theres barely a 18 inch gap between that and our trees on their side. If WE wanted to fence that side we'd need to ask for access to their garden for the same reason.

Awww bless her Suzeanna, just fetch her something awesome back from your hols...she will be happy

Oh no, poor Dog Merledogs....lets hope he survives how brave

Dex cat has been poorly again, mad dash to the vets, mum and dad took him...was the vet i don't like but mum and dad said he was o.k with him

Snow, i would install cctv, as long a it is on your property and you add a small sticker saying you have cctv you are covered

• Like 2

Enjoy your corporate hospitality, Merledogs. Work does have some positives.

Enjoy your cruise, Suzeanna. Our dogs also recognise suitcases.

They start whining as soon as we pull into the kennels but are just as happy when we pick them up afterwards.

Snow, I hope you know leylandii don't regenerate from old wood. You can only cut them back to just before the start of the new growth.

Also, it is illegal to disturb nesting birds and that includes trimming hedges if there are any birds building nests , sitting on eggs or rearing young.

• Like 1

Lol....Phew Merledogs!!! Lol

i have had cctv for about 14 years now...i would never be without it now, when i bought my camera home cctv with small cameras was only just coming out, you had to have a separate date/time stamp sytem...the whole lot cost me about £350 for one camera, now it is sooooooo cheap, i got a hd recorder and fitted my own 1tb hard disk drive and it cost about £100, used my existing camera and cable and i am just going to get the cable and power cable in one and then a new camera for the back of the house...going to run the cable through the loft and down to the box in the living room and i can sit in my house and wathc on a 43inch tv Lol

Yeah I think we might spring for a proper CCTV system to cover the garden and back. The web security camera I have set up will do for now as I had to do it at short notice. I ordered stickers yesterday from Amazon Prime and got them this morning. I've put one on the front door, one on the sitting room window (next to the door) and one up in one of Ruby's bedroom windows where the camera is.

I've packed my bag and packed Archie's too. I have given him extra food as he will be getting lots more exercise with the DW next week and may need more than usual. Last time he stayed with her he actually went off his food for the first day or two but she got around that by hand feeding him whilst he sat on her sofa :laughingsmiley:

I'm glad people brought up chest infections although not glad you have one Jayne :GroupHug: coz I had forgotten to take my lunchtime does of antibiotics until about 10 mins ago when I came on here.

We have internet access in our hotel tomorrow and Monday but I don't think we have it in our Monkey World accommodation so I may or may not be checking in. If not catch you all when we get back next Friday/Saturday.

Have fun Marion (and glad I reminded you to take your antibiotics!)

Mum and dad have cctv - you can't do anything now without them knowing. I went round to walk Ted once and had a look at my headlight bulb as it wasn't sitting right (so I had raised the bonnet). When dad got home, he asked me why I had been looking under the bonnet of my car :unsure: Apparently he gets an email whenever someone triggers the camera. Work must have been quiet that day.

Just had a snooze on the sofa - I usually train on a Saturday, but am listening to my body and resting. Have been looking at holidays for November - think I've decided where I'm going. Just need to take the plunge and book it now :)

• Like 1

I might have booked tickets to a HUGE Star Trek convention for the 50th Anniversary ....and I miiiiight have also booked to have my photo taken on the bridge of the Enterprise with WILLIAM SHATNER!!!!!!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

• Like 2