UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

We're detatched Jazz doesn't stop the issues though sadly :mad:

They don't need planning permission however strictly speaking there were legal steps they were supposed to go through - I have been reading up on the garden law forum and UK Gov website, if the wall is going to straddle the boundary then the party wall act applies and they were supposed to give us 30 days written notice which we would have the right to object to or demand our own surveyors etc. and there would have been strict legal conditions about damages etc. If the wall is inside their boundary then they were still required to give us 30 days written notice but we couldn't withold permission for it, but we could have imposed restrictions on access etc. (but couldn't have witheld it totally though they'd have had to go to court to enforce it). Turns out they ARE allowed to dig the footings under our side of the boundary but they aren't allowed to lay foundations under our side. One thing I am wondering about is the leylandii they have dug the footings right in front of the hedge which undoubtedly means they'll have disturbed the roots however those roots will have been on their side of the boundary and when they lay the foundations presumably they will be on top of the roots not sure how we will stand if at some point they try and claim any damage from the trees if they decided to build the wall right smack bang on top of them - even if they are our trees. The hedge has been there over 25 years!

Snow I can only urge you do what we should have done in the first place and got legal advice in advance of any further work being done next door.

Knowing that the law was on the side of our neighbour regarding the access we were trying to be neighbourly and, recognising that the re-rendering was necessary maintenance, agreed informally to the work going ahead. In hindsight we should have had an agreement drawn up over access, time scales and the restoration of our garden. As it turns out it is looking increasingly like we will either have to go through a solicitor anyway or just give up and chalk it up to experience.

• Like 1

ive just been to the coop, at the right time. they had just reduced tins of soup to 7p, sauces, diet coke, got 3 carrier bags for £4. ill go again next week. meanwhile me and the dogs are living on soup and spag bol lol

Steadily unpacking boxes and was delighted to find the instructions and fixings for my new storage bed packed away with some old diaries. I have been sleeping on mattress on floor with bed parts stacked up against wall ever since I got here. I bought it a year before I moved, thought it wasn't worth the effort of assembly if I was going to move house, and just put mattress on an old bed base which eventually went to tip.

various friends have offered to help me assemble it. Not tackling it myself as it is quite complicated, with a hydraulic lift to raise the mattress and get at storage area.

I took the Rhodo to the church and took another out of a planter to replace it in the border. Unfortunately I then went and bought another Rhodo :rolleyes: :laugh: It is a stunner though and I've been after it for a couple of years, but it's usually sold out on the website I use as they don't get many in.

Just ordered a curry from a new takeaway which has opened near me. I'm hoping it's good because the standard of delivery places round here is poor, even though there are tons of them. It has got a food hygiene rating of 5 too, which I always check. Fingers crossed.

I'm really lucky with takeaway, there are a few near me that deliver and are amazing. I only have takeaway every couple of months though, so anything would probably taste amazing when I have it so infrequently :laugh: :rolleyes:

I have accepted the olive branch and booked to have nails and Indian head massage done with my brother's fiancé. Still no mention of them changing their mind on the flower situation though :rolleyes: I have a feeling that mum might get involved and just order one for me anyway.

Evening.

Jayne I only have them every few months but I'm a fussy bugger. There's a top class curry place in Culcheth called the Spice Lounge and everything is so freshly made, including the garlic and coriander naan breads which are made to order for every person and they are divine. I could just eat a couple of those on their own!

Just got back from the Turkey v England match. Had a really good time although the match itself wasn't great. I could easily sit in the hospitality box every week though, fantastic view and you can drink and eat to your heart's content. Wasn't impressed with the Turkish food they served though.

• Like 1

Yeah misogyny and chauvinism towards women is still out there. I 'spect it's mainly from inadequate little dicks who feel threatened by women and by the more progressive population at large so they think throwing out their hilarious witticisms at a lone woman travelling alongside a load of males will make them feel more manly. Wonder if he'd even have looked up from the floor had he been the lone male amongst a group of women.

I used to go for remedial massage and OMG that feckin hurt!

• Like 1