UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

My mum is as evil as me lol....my dad, dead laid back doesn't hold a grudge...us pair....ooo we are in the league of super evil lol. Does your brother not say anything? My brother is a complete nob, his ex did him a birthday party for his 30th and didn't even ask my mum and dad...o.k, he lives in London but even so I thought that very rude, my brother said nothing...I did! Especially as it was my brothers money he used...little bloody leach, as I say...at some point the penny will drop with your brother, might take time but it will happen... Sounds like you are worth 10 of her

Edited by griff

Thanks Griff, it does make me sad - our family used to be quite close, but we only ever see each other at family birthdays now. He lives across the road from me and I never see him. Hoping he will open his eyes to what she is actually like. I just hope it happens before they have kids :(

ahhhh yes, once the kids are involved she has him...a long life of blackmail

i don't see my brother hardly ever, i am the one who always tries to contact him, he hasn't rung my parents in weeks and weeks as far as i know, i have whatsapp now so i don't have to pay to contact him and i can see when he has read the message, my mum says why do you bother? and to be honest, i don't know why. He is off to borneo in a couple of weeks and i won't have a clue if he has got there safely or even when he has got back

my sons like that. they are the complete opposite with her family.

just got an appointment for next week with the wrist surgeon. just hope hes there this time. ive left a message with his secretary to check

Sam and Mark are in Malawi at the moment, so well away from the floods and landslides.

Had a message from my brother's fiancé today, inviting me and my mum to a pamper afternoon with her, her sister and mum the Saturday before the wedding :unsure:

Sounds a bit like an olive branch maybe Jayne?

I've had a stressy 24 hours - I'm presuming my irritation today and temper last night are being hormonally influenced as I exploded with rage last night and it took me hours to calm down and stop shaking. Nextdoor have new builders in we noticed they were right up against our temporary brushwood fencing and were keeping an eye on them went to have our dinner and checked after and the fence was leaning right over so we went out and found they'd actually removed one of the metal stakes and rolled half the fence back and there were muddy boot prints all over our path behind the shed which proved they'd been trespassing. I kept my temper and called over to them to ask them what was going on, got told they "had" to remove our fence as they are building a new wall for the neighbour! I kept calm and said that did NOT give them the right to interfere with our fence nor to come into our garden without permission. Moreover we had not been informed of any building work let alone been asked if we minded the wall being built against the boundary line, builders seemed totally nonplussed (nice enough fellas) had no idea we weren't aware of what was going to happen. Told me that if we were willing to allow access they would be able to point the wall on our side to make it look nice for us, I explained I'm off work recovering from major surgery and that I'm happy to grant access when its needed BUT they would need to knock the front door first and let me know plus they have to ensure they re-secure the garden every time they leave so baddie cant get out. That was all fine. I asked what kind of wall its going to be and its going to be red brick and 6' high which was flipping great news as we'll get our privacy back! So all was well I thought .... until later that evening when we let Baddie out and went to make sure they'd put the fence back (they had-ish) found they have dug a humungous trench for the foundations which is right up to and across the boundary line and they have completely dug up and removed one of our 6' concrete fence posts which had been cemented into the ground inside our garden. The fence post encased in concrete is laying inside nextdoors garden I just saw red ... daft as it sounds all I could think about was that my father put that post in and how fecking dare they remove it without asking! I cannot remember the last time I lost my temper that fast or that intense, I was (and still am) furious. However, for the moment I'm biting my tongue - we have photographed it all and added to the documentary evidence we're keeping but am consoling myself with the fact that eventually there will be a 6' wall between us and I'll get my privacy and security back but it still rankles.

I would go Jayne, try and put everything that has happened behind you and start afresh....you have been the bigger person then...you can always leave with an emergency if needs be!

Snow....we had the same issue with our neighbours wall, I was 14 came home to find some strange bloke in my back yard, he was building a wall for next door and built the pillars into our garden stealing half a foot...he was adamant according to land tpregistry he was right but he wasn't as our garden is elevated and his isn't....my dad let the fella build the wall and knocked out the pillars supports after. On your home insurance there will be legal advice...if you have paid for it...they should be able to offer advice but by them touching your property it is criminal damage, as for the trespass.... You do have to allow them access to maintain/repair their property however they should approach you and ask permission

Edited by griff

Morning all. I'm home from my hols. Had a lovely time and was well impressed with Ham and Richmond in London where we stayed for the first couple of days. What a lovely, lovely place. It was more like a village and everyone was so friendly. The sun shone both days we were there and I even got sunburnt!

Monkey World was fabulous although the first day we were there it rained very heavily for periods of time but it also meant that the park was quiet. We got some nice photos, just got to sort them all out and then I'll pop a couple on here at some point. I have to say the monkeys and apes were better behaved than a lot of the visitors. I am becoming less and less of a people person as I age.

Snow sounds very like you are a similar position with neighbours to us. I hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction. We came home to find that the builders had only done a superficial clean up, the finials have not been fixed, they have not picked all the bits of the old render up out of the borders and the cement splashes are still on the flags - oh and of course my car is still sporting the marks where the cement was splashed.

Snow do your neighbours not require planning permission for the work they are doing? I'm out of touch with planning permissions work outside a national park.

Archie came home about a half hour after us and was a bit off with us to start with. He'd had a lovely time with the DW and not put a paw wrong. Our other neighbour, who he adores, had met him out on a walk with the DW and his pals and he wouldn't have anything to do with her. She was quite miffed. She told him just wait until you want a biscuit over the fence. LOL.

I hope everyone and their furries are OK :flowers:

Sounds like neighbours are a nightmare for some of you :(

We're back from our (wet) walk. I do love walking round the field this time of year with all the smells of spring :wub:

Will be digging up a Rhododendron later to take down to the church. Just thinking if there is anything else I can get rid of.