UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Your idea of someone pulling on the other end of the roots made me laugh Michelle!

How frustrating for you, tradesmen can be a nightmare to organise, a real lucky find when you get a good one. But then they do everything well and you don't need them again :-(

xxx

sorry imnot keeping up

I had the electrical inspection yesterday, they have failed it on old wiring, outside, thats been there since before I was here. Ive got to take it out.

passed the gas inspection today phew!

got house inspection thursday and interview here with the housing association friday

wish I knew someone selling cars. im going dizzy looking at cars. just want a cheap automatic. under £1000. ones I like the people dont get back to me

Evening.

Spoke to my boss today about how the meeting went yesterday and he was not a happy chappy at the way me and the other female colleague were treated by one obnoxious, overbearing bloke. He made some very inappropriate comments, such as a quote from Blazing Saddles : "Rape, murder, arson and rape". "You said rape twice". "I like rape". Obviously he thought he was funny but nobody else did. He also said "Next time I'm in the office I'll come and slap you". Feckin' hilarious (not) :mad: The more I think about it, the more angry I get. I'm going to speak to my boss when I see him next because I don't find that sort of language in front of two women he's only just met acceptable. It wasn't just that, it was his aggressive attitude as well and the way he used three hours of what should have been constructive interaction to moan and gripe and blame everything that was wrong in the company on our team, which was unfair. My boss told me to cancel tomorrow's presentations in Birmingham and rearrange them so he could come with me. Not that he's expecting the same to happen again but if anybody is going to give me a hard time he wants to be there to back me up.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

that doesn't sound fair Jazz, if the wiring was pre - existing then you shouldn't have to remove it...mind you our HA made my mate buy a door and fit it to the flat they were in even though there wasn't a door there when they moved in... then they were grumping it was hard to shut and said they my mate could give them £400 and they would say no more about it!

as for cars, do you have someone who will be able to go with you?

suzeanna - we're only a small team and could do with an extra person or two, but the problem mainly is that I want to see things through so that I know I can relax when I have my week off. If I didn't I'd probably spend half my time on the phone sorting it out anyway :rolleyes:

Marion - coming along nicely :flowers:

griff - enjoy your asparagus, but take note you'll have smelly wee :laugh:

Michelle - good for you for sticking by your guns - hope they sort the kitchen as planned :flowers:

I have been for a run, it hurt. I need to get my gait checked again. Hopefully it can be resolved with new insoles rather than new trainers!!

Did I read something about a new car Owl? Very exciting!

Good like Jazz, the electrickery sounds a pain, hope it can be sorted easily xx

I have had a lovely evening quite different from the one I had thought it was going to be and which I'd been a bit fretting over, I was supposed to have been working tonight from 7pm - 10pm in the centre of Cardiff which I wasn't too thrilled about however mid afternoon it got postponed until mid July meantime Rob was originally also supposed to be working tonight and so the dogs were going to stay with mil whilst we were out (we had both been supposed to go give presentations to different groups in completely opposite directions from each other) lunchtime Rob said his was cancelled but by 4pm it was back on again :confused: his was for mil's WI group so he took Sal with him so she could visit mil whilst Nog stayed home here with me. It has been sooooo nice having some me & Nog time and no barking!! :cheer: Nogs had a nice pigs ear he hasn't had to worry about finishing all in one go in case Sal pinched it, he's had a nice long poo in the garden without getting rarred the moment he finished LOL we've had cuddles and chats without a big hairy black lump pushing in and he's spent most of the night stretched out fast asleep and not being woken up every time a gnats farted which Sal needs to tell us about. Bliss!! I'm expecting them back any moment now though so my peaceful night is soon to end but it really has been lovely.

• Like 1

Glad you have had a nice evening Snow :)

Hope you can get your running sorted Mary - I ran 1.2 miles on the treadmill on Sunday and it wasn't too awful :)

Have had an informal Ted update via FB tonight - he has made loads of improvement today :partytime: Tom doesn't think it will be too long until he can come home :biggrin:

• Like 2