UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

I must confess Cheryl, having more than one daughter would have been a nightmare for me! My son was less trouble than his sister from being a baby, it wasn't until he grew old enough to start riding (and racing) motor bikes that he caused me any worry...she on the other hand was a stroppy little madam :D and it really wasn't until she was well into her twenties that she started behaving like an adult and not a brat. Even now she has relapses...and she was 47 last month! Give em a deadline, if it's not packed by x o'clock, then it's not going on holiday.

Cheryl, if it's not done it's not done. Ironing or anything else. Everyone else will just have to help or put up with it. Once the clothes are packed they'll get creased again anyway!! I hope your appointment this morning has helped and that you have a lovely break.

Merledogs - must certainly boost your confidence that there are at least opportunities!

Griff - Hugs. It must be tough xx

If we had a lake in Penrith it would certainly be full by now!! We have Kendal Calling (Music Festival) and the Penrith Agricultural show this weekend and it's going to be very soggy!!!! Wish I had a wellie shop.......

Phoebejo, i agree.... they are old enough to help out and pack their stuff, if it isn't packed tough luck! i must admit that i always thought i was a lovely teenager....... my family say different though Lol.

My nan is being reassessed as she is just sleeping all the time, dads sister in law text this AM, i really really hope she gets out,i don't think anyone should have to die in a awful hospital room.

Merledogs, at least there are some offers coming your way, hopefully one of those jobs will be fantastic and everything will work out for the best!

Loo, i hope it doesn't get too soggy this weekend and i bet you would make a killing if you sold wellies and waterproofs!

still very very scorchio here, would be nice to have a nice cold beer but i am banned....Boo

So sorry about your job Alex - however I am sure you will find somewhere where you are appreciated much more :flowers: :GroupHug:

I went to ikea with my mum today, whilst we were there, we saw the funniest thing. There was a little girl running around with a tea cosy on her head pulled down over her eyes. Anyway, she ran right into a basket with things in and fell over. Her mum was wetting herself laughing and couldn't pick the little girl up for laughing :biglaugh: :biglaugh: It was so funny.

(null)

• Like 2

Well Tesco's was late and about 10 minutes after the 2 hour time slot I was told I could expect the gas man was up British Gas rang to say they'd cancelled the appointment! Apparently one job had turned complicated and the guy wasn't going to have the time to come here. They've given me the first time slot tomorrow morning 8 - 10am.

I got a phone call from Cara, the dog walker, to say she was still waiting for her mum to make her way up the M6 (horrendous roadworks) so she was going to be late. Her mum is a big Archie fan and wanted to go on the walk so she could see him. Anyway when they eventually turned up they had him out for 2-and-half hours and he'd came back tired but very happy with tail a-wagging.

I've got my first interview Monday morning at 9am in Manchester city centre. Wish I hadn't said yes to everything they spoke to me about :rolleyes: cos this is for the one in Stoke, and would involve being in the office 9 to 5, then at least an hour (if I'm lucky) or more journey home up the M6, so not suitable really. Plus it's working for a purchasing consultancy so you'd be selling your services as well, so completely unsuitable for me. I daren't cancel cos this agency have two other jobs which I'm very interested in so I don't want to let them down. Next time I will think before I open my gob and agree to anything and everything :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i agree with Yantan Merley one! use this interview as a trial, you're not bothered if you get the job or not so just attend and use it to your advantage.

Glad Archie had a nice walk, he is a lucky lad to have a nice dog walker.

busy day for me tomorrow........ more blood tests to be taken oh joy!!! then off to the doctors, fingers crossed everything will be o.k

Alex....you have a future to look forward to, don't mess up your head worrying, it will work out to your advantage I'm sure. I know you don't want this job, but do give the interview your best shot, as you probably know, companies do report back to the agencies with their impressions of the candidate and if you come across as bored and disinterested they won't automatically realise it's because you don't want that job, they might assume that's you....! (I know, you were quite well aware of this anyway and intended to go for it, but just thought I'd reinforce it!) :flowers:

• Like 1

They let me out of the Nut House :cheer: It took FOREVER! The grilled me for two hours. Some of the questions were utterly ridiculous and made me giggle, do I think people on the telly are passing me messages or speaking to me? :biglaugh: So I'm officially agrophobic and suffering from severe depression and anxiety disorder. No s**t Sherlock! I hadn't been sure about the agrophobia, because my grandad never left the house for eight years, I can sometimes but only with other people and there are certain places I cannot ever go too because they make me too anxious. I have homework to do, have to come off of one of my meds bit the sicky ones I can take all at once in the morning because they make me more sick when I take the night time dose. I don't think the day I go on holiday is really the day to start fannying around with my already fannyed about too much meds so I'll start to drop the baddie one when we get back. I'll do my homework then too, not bloody doing it now!

I was going to pack last night, while Mr Hazell took the dogs down to his mums near Weston Super Mare but instead I made him take a de-tour through Bristol so I could spend the evening with Sarah Hendy who lost her beloved brown baby Bran yesterday :lily: We had a lovely evening drinking wine in the back garden and I think it helped us both. I can count my real life friends on one hand with fingers to spare. We got back just before midnight. Whoops! I'm having a cup of tea, then I'll pack, then I've got to drive to MK to collect my parents, drive back here for lunch, load up the cars, put my parents, Daisy & Emily in my car, Molly, Georgia & Mr Hazell in his, I'm picking up Daisys best friend Jess, he's picking up Mollys best friend Becca, we're all meeting up for a wee at Chievely services before heading down in both cars to Bournemouth :pinkie: My Sainsburys shopping is being delivered between 7 & 8pm and we're staying in to watch the Olympic opening ceremony before collapsing in an exhausted heap into bed!

Merledogs, things happen for a reason...... i have no idea for what reason but things happen and often turn out better than the start :bighug: you keep your chin up and lots of luck!!!

Oh well done Phoebejo!!!!! funny you should say about the TV, my nan has schizophrenia and electrical items used to be a trigger. i am very glad you had a nice evening and i wish you all a safe trip and lovely holiday!!!!

dads brother rang last night..... apparently they need to have a get together and start sorting out whats going to happen when nan has passed away so need to sort funeral things out, she has apparently told my aunty what she wants..... errrrmmmm i think this will be news to my aunty as when we were talking we said none of us knew what she wanted so she would just need to guess. apparently she told my dad she has had enough and she was telling my mum she is very tired, she is sleeping all the time and the hospice couldn't move her because of an issue with oxygen??? we offered to pay for the oxygen to get her moved but apparently money isn't the issue :err: shame we can't do the same for our family as we can for our much loved pets :err: