UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April 22

Jazz

Owl here. Wispa is a bit better but rather up and down. In better spirits, sleeping through night for last 3 nights so I am not getting woken up at stupid o'clock. She is not eating as well as I would like so am still supplementing with Liquivite. We stayed home today and did gardening, but on previous days she has been to reserve with me and had a potter around on grass.  Her hips to tend to give way sometimes so best to land on a soft surface

Wispa pootled through another day. She really wanted to go out, had a nice walk on grass at nearby reserve. Hips gave way a couple of times and she struggled with the doorstep getting back into house, but ate a good supper and is now asleep.

Same here, Eve. I just can't do what I used to be able to do.  It is frustrating at times.

It is the main reason I moved from a highland , rural area to be near my son and his family.

Another sunny day here but still a cool wind to spoil it.  I will need to water my pots as it hasn't rained for days and the wind dries them out.

Hope appointment went well, Jazz.

Very sad about little yorkie.

I have bought a lifting harness for Wispa with handles above shoulders and above hindquarters. Not so much for lifting as for steadying her hips when they wobble, and helping her up if they give way. Posted today so should arrive soon. 

Just been for coffee with lewis and his friend who lost all her cats in the fire, including lewis' cat, she made a pouch with an 's' on for socks, a picture of him on a tin with his collar and ashes in, it was beautiful

• Sad 1

Builder was due today to start revamping the back garden but he has food poisoning. He hopes to be back on Friday.

My hearing has gone funny. YesterdayI realised I couldn't hear the car engine and thought there was something wrong with my hearing aids But no, it is my ears. My voice sounds like I am speaking through a tunnel and yesterday all voices were like Donald Duck speaking.

I have used the steroid spray I got before when my ears were blocked. Hoping it will sort it.

The path we walk everyday has been closed for two days for repair. Today we were able to walk down hlf of it but the path along the back of out house was still closed with a barrier up.

Cleo walked up to the barrier and just stood there. She looked at me and looked back at the barrier and then put her head up and stood and stood and stood. She was not for moving. 'That is the way we always go'

Eventually she came the other way with me but when we doubled back a man was removing the barrier and said it was now open. She literally trotted off along the path. She usually just walks so I think she was happy to have her usual walk back.

• Like 1