UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Hope that's all it is and easily fixed Owl.

Nothing much happening here. Honey and Cooper got their booster jabs this afternoon and I bought a couple of Christmas pressies on-line.  Just a few little bits to go and I'm done. Also finally got the tree up and dressed. Bit early by my usual timing but everyone round here seems to have gone overboard with outside lights and trees on display since late November and I think Richard was feeling a bit left out so I did ours today.

Hope everyone is well xx

morning all

lewis is away, for one night, and this time of the morning hes asking for updates on his cat socks lol thats my boy! lol there is a lovely shop in brighton, sells older items and cheap bits. they had a pair of socks, looks just like socks, so hes bought them

have a safe warm day xxxxx

Hope you get your van sorted quickly Owl.  A good thing really it happened at home, so you weren't stranded anywhere without a decent tyre.

I'm keeping an eye on posts  at the moment even if I havent been posting..  The steroids they've given me have made me a bit dizzy and my hands are shaky and I can't concentrate very well.   Can't remember what I said about my sojourn in hospital, but the upshot was no op, too dangerous.  One go of radiation, if that doesn't work can't do it again and I had that on Monday.  He showed me the screen of my back, and the offending area where the bone is pushing down towards the nerves.  If the radiation and steroids don't do the trick, bottom line is the spinal cord will be dead from that place down.  Cheery thought.  I said how will I know if it's worked and he said you certainly will if it hasn't.  Okkkaaayy. I'm due a phone appointment from the oncologist on Friday at 1, so I'll ask him then if he knows how successful it was likely to have been and if it wasn't any sort of time scale.

At the moment I think I'm blanking it and trying to pretend it isn't really happening, I can't imagine spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair.  If I don't believe it, it won't happen.

In case I do vanish suddenly, I hope everyone has a healthy Christmas, with at least some family and friends around them for the day and no accidents with dogs eating what they shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Keeping  everything crossed for you, Suzeanna.

I have been wrapping presents. I wasn't in the mood up to yesterday then suddenly decIded I wanted to get on with it. I have one to post to my sister so will get that away tomorrow. 

The rest are for the family on Christmas Day.

There is not a lot of Christmas spirit about .  No Christmas music in shops- not that I miss it- as  background music not allowed in Scotland. 

there has been nothing to distinguish the different parts of the year, this year. Just one long same as. 

I had a lovely phone call from one of my ex neighbours this morning. It  was nice to catch up. She works in the care home so is very careful about meeting people.  She is getting her covid vax next week.

You will be collecting cat things as well as dog things now, Jazz. Lucky kitten getting his new home for Christmas. 

I hope you return to happy motoring tomorrow, Owl.