UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Smoothies

Jazz

So sorry about Cookie, sleep tight little cat!

Candy is home, very sore and sorry for herself.  She's got painkilling stuff to put on her food, only on lead walks until she has the stitches out.  No mass in her chest thank goodness.  

Happy Birthday, Richard, enjoy your evening!

The less said about the hospital the better.  They made a mask that I have to wear, they heat up plastic stuff then put it on your face and mould it to fit.  It'll be a bit warm, they said.  Mild understatement! When it's been moulded they cool it rapidly with fans then they bolt it to the table so you can't move to do a CT scan. It's horrible, it presses on my throat and I feel as if I'm going to choke, and I have to wear that for five radiotherapy treatments..can't wait.  Virgil warned me it will make the lump bigger and more painful to start with..oh goody...and probably make it hard to swallow.  There goes our night out on Friday, then.  Oh well, alll part of life's rich tapestry, and all that.

Hope you soon feel much better, Jazz.

Sorry about Cookie.

Poor Candy, they don't understand what  is going on. Good news though that there is no mass in her chest.

I hope you enjoy your meal, Eve. 

That sounds horrible , Suzeanna. The side effects don't sound too good either.  Maybe they won't as bad as they make out.

When do you start your treatment and how often do you go?

I hope you get some  relief soon, Jazz. and can get some sleep. Lack of sleep is very  debilitating.

Blackmagic, every day for the rest of this week, and next Monday.  Could be worse, a friend who had a double mastectomy was told she'd only need five sessions of rads, then when she went for the first one they told her sorry, actually it'll be fifteen!  Virgil (my oncologist) if anything tends to underplay possible side effects, so I'm not feeling too hopeful.  

Candy is very sleepy now, so hopefully she'll have a good night and a dose of painkiller with her breakfast will make her a  lot more comfortable.

Thanks all, I survived the first one! I was just getting to the point of thinking I was going to have to put my hand up and ask them to stop, when it did.  Now I know how long it takes, I can get there by counting off the time.  One benefit of going at 5.30 was Philip was able to park with no trouble, tomorrow's 10.30 will be a different matter. 

Best of luck with the parking. Well done today, as you say you can count down now.

Out late on the reserve with friend, watching for owls. Didn't see owls, did see poachers after our waterfowl. Didn't get their reg number, they raced off too fast.