UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Smoothies

Jazz

Thing is, won't it just end up like this? People who have each other on Facebook or WhatsApp will talk to each other on there anyway, as Griff and Yantan did. All the rescues who originally posted on here have vanished, and if you look at the membership list of a few years ago, there's barely anyone left!

Jazz, I do hope it soon gets sorted for you, sounds like a catalogue of errors.  My lovely oncologist is leaving in a week, such a shame.  He's really good at his job but was a locum and now he's been replaced without another job to go to.  I saw one of his registrars today, very nice but not the same as Virgil!  He's said another go of radiotherapy for the lump and if it doesn't respond then it will be chemo.  Oh joy! I did ask couldn't it be surgically removed, but it's too close to the carotid artery.   I have to go the Sheffield hospital on Monday afternoon for a plotting scan and then lord knows how much radiotherapy, hopefully only five sessions again.  Philip's work will be getting fed up, they've been very good at letting him have time off but there must come a point when they say sorry, how long is this going on for?  Trouble is I just don't know.  

Depends what everyone wants Suzeanna. I like being on here, it's a comfortable format, but I also chat to people on Facebook and Whatsapp. All the rescues are now on Facebook. I know Rick has paid for this forum to continue for a while. I could contact him and ask if I could take over the subscription when it's due if people want to stay on here. Or we could set up a private Facebook group and carry on there. Maybe everyone have a think and say what they'd like to do? I'm happy to go along with whatever everyone wants as I'd hate to lose us as a group, however small we are.

• Like 1

At least you are getting something done about it now, Jazz. Did you get the injection done? Glad your late friend's dog has a new home.

Wicked supper tonight, first chips this year, with halloumi fritter. My friend told me about this chippy tucked away in an estate not far from the reserve. Best chips ever, yummy halloumi, and Wispa had some of both so she is very happy.

I love what we have here. I dont know whats gone on with griff, but its a shame she doesnt feel comfortable any more. this is the only forum left that im on. if you want to set up a new private group on fb ill be there. I dont want to lose you all

Ive  done an injection. they are in my fridge

Had to smile yesterday, Candy was due for the groomers on Tuesday, but I've cancelled due to her op on Monday.  The window cleaner arrived yesterday, looked at her as she pootled round the garden and said, oh, you've got a new dog.  Erm no, same dog, just needs a haircut! He was amazed, said how different she looked to how he'd seen her before.  It might explain why so many lost dogs aren't connected to their owners as fast as they might be, as a different coat growth can change their appearance.

I was just looking for someone on my FB friends list, when I realised that Griff has unfriended me! Unless she's done the same to everyone on the Refuge that was on her FB it must have been something I said that caused her to disappear...if only I could think what! I was getting a bit upset then I thought why worry? Never actually met her, never will and life's too short to bother about it.  One of the mysteries of our time!

what the hell has gone on? we have all been together for years, shared some things we havent told family, and suddenly griff is uncomfortable here, why? your dismissing her! I know im ill, but ive missed any nastiness thats for sure.

if your fighting behind the scenes, thats one thing, but for someone to leave when we are a small group anyway, we need to sort whats going on!

We are not dismissing her. I am not aware of any nastiness or any fighting behind the scenes. It is a complete surprise to me too, and I wish I knew. I felt it would be intrusive to ask, as anyone is free to leave here at any time and maybe she does not want to tell us.