UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

The laptop has had a miraculous recovery. It started to act strangely and the screen went blank. It would not switch off. This morning the battery had run down and I had the thought to plug into charge and try to get it going. It worked at once.

A factory reset on smartphone won't lose me any crucial stuff as I keep my contacts on my other basic mobile phone and try to write most of them into a notebook anyway. I use social media a lot for missing dogs work, and for some wildlife stuff and for messenger.

Lewis' firm is good. when I had covid, they were happy for him to stop work and come to me. now he will need the day off for these tests. where they are sending me to, my friends friend has had hers cancelled ,so will ring them end of the week just in case

I've had to transfer all my stuff back to my old phone in order to send my new one back for a replacement ☹

Ruby's not having a bad week thanks Owl. She's done a lot of working from home. The last chemo sesh is a week today so once she is past the following 10 days or so when she feels very poorly she has no reason to dread the next session coz there won't be one! 👍

Then it's just a case of waiting for her immune system to be restored.

Very grey and wet here today.

• Like 2

Been the same here today Yantan. Saved me watering the garden I suppose. Had a bit of a housework day and popped down the co-op for some fresh veg - sooo exciting NOT lol. Dogs were out on pack walk with the dog walkers - funny how they'll happily go off with them in the rain but not me!

Thinking good thought for Henry and May tomorrow. Hope the transport runs and settling into new/foster homes goes well.

• Like 1

Hope all goes well for the dogs tomorrow!

Eve, don't know if it makes a difference but Philip works for the technology side of BT not the phones...maybe their managers are nicer!

Our tv has been threatening to die for a while now, big dark patches in the screen when it should be a light background and flickering.  Last night it flickered its last!  We had it repaired a couple  of years ago and they said if it does it again, that's it, curtains.  Philip has ordered a new one...I know they say men have a thing about size but 55 inch?? I'll have to sit out on the front lawn to watch it! 

My daughter came round today and we had a very uplifting conversation...where would you like to be to die, Mum? Home, hospital or hospice? It's important to get these things sorted out.  I winced a bit and said I hadn't really put a lot of thought into it, but anywhere except the middle of Tesco would be ok.

• Like 1

Probably not as big as you think Suzeanna as it's measured diagonally. Having said that I've banned Richard from getting bigger than 48" as I can't have a TV dominating the room. You ok with the conversation with your daughter?

Technology has moved us on a long way. I can remember when a 26" colour telly was the bees knees and the best you could have.

I'm nervous for tomorrow but Henry's travelling with the lovely transporter who he knows and who gives him snuggles. My friends have promised "Henry has landed" photos.

I doubt May will have any trouble settling, bless her.

Your 3 are so funny Eve. I do hope I get to meet them some day.

Suzeanna that question was a bit of a conversation stopper 😮 

Lol...Steve has a 65inch......will just leave that there lol

Best of luck to Henry!

Suzeanna, it's best to get everything out in the open, what you would like....obvs not to go but when you are given news there's no way back, it's just time and you are best off saying exactly what you deffo don't want. My dad's not happy with what I want to happen but that's not my problem... it's his, I don't go to church, I don't want a service of any description..he doesn't like the idea of that, I have said lob me in a black bag and dump me at the crem lol

I'm sure you will Yantan. We're planning on a visit to the Lake District in the near future. They'll be well warned not to bounce on Henry and treat an elder gent with respect. Though Honey and Cooper will be 7 by then so no spring chickens themselves - no one's told them that though lol.

I know what you mean Griff - my Dad didn't want a funeral so we abided by his wishes and didn't have one. But, to be honest, it didn't feel right sending him off to the crem on his own. Since then we've interred some of his ashes in his family plot, held a celebration party of his life and will be scattering some more of his ashes where he was born in a few weeks time. So we might as well have had a funeral lol. Don't be too harsh on your dad - funerals are for those left behind, not those who have died. I was exactly the same as you and threatened to haunt my son forever if he didn't go with what I wanted. But if it helps him to have a funeral then who am I to stop him. I'll still haunt him any way 😀

• Like 2

Happy that things ar going well for Henry and May. I watched Paul O'Grady  last night. HE  was catching up with some of the dogs from earlier programmes. One was a dog that was so scared. To see it gain confidence slowly and end up such a happy dog was quite something.     

W have spent three days clearing th shed and garage and boxes/tools under the beds. My garage  was  full.One side was rubbish for landfill and the other side was no use to us but may be to somebody. There was just enough room to walk between the two sides.

The neighbour that has been cutting the grass for me had said he would be interested in tools so he came along and was astounded. There were toold and gadgets for  everything and he was in his element. H said he would take the lot, including the rubbish, He would burn all the old wood  in his stove and then dump what   he didn't want when the recycling centre opened. I tis limited dumping at the moment and I was worried how I would get rid of  it all before marketing the house. 

Now I have to tackle the knee  high weeds in th garden but it is wet today .

I got my hair cut yesterday thank goodness.

The onl stipulation JIm had for his funeral was no mention of god, despite his father being a session clerk and him being baptised and a church member. He didn't  see how there could be a god with all th bad things happening in the world.

It was a humanist service. with music by Queen.

• Like 3

I have my music list, all queen, but don't want a funeral now. ive given the boys the money for the funeral, but told them to spend it, take me straight to the crem. Hes popping in this morning with a costa, as we have loads of points, and our favourite one is open.

ooo yes, id like to say I have kept in 2 nights meals yeaaaaa and im looking a bit slimmer as my stomach isn't bloated

• Like 1