UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

I am just about coping with living in a small town, which we now seem to be ... although we are really just 2 villages stuck together with lots of new build estates. The only reason I cope is that my neighbours are really great.  Given the choice I would rather be somewhere more rural, not right on the coast but very near to it.

An unexpected bonus of working from home. My friend was dealing with an angry caller whose delivery of patio slabs was overdue. She did her best to apologise and reassure him but he continued to be aggressive and shout down the phone. 2 of her 5 dogs were lying by the desk, and didn't like someone shouting at their mum so they started barking. My friend apologised and said she would shut them out of the room, but the man said don't worry and apologised for being so rude. His tone was completely different, as if the penny had dropped that he was dealing with a real live human in her home with her dogs and not some robot.  He told her not to worry, just get the delivery to him when she could.  

HS2 will only benefit a small part of the country. I think I red it will save 20 minutes on the journey.

If it gos ahed it will be a waste of money and if it is cancelled it is already a waste of money.

My place would suit you , Owl,  My immediate neighbours are sheep when they are in the field. I cannot see my human  neighbours.

The coast is 5 miles away and there are several , quiet beaches ( for most of the year) within a short drive.

We really only notice the  tourists when a cruise ship docks at Scrabster and they wander about the town.

Where I lived before there was a very nice little village a few miles along the road but in summer you couldn't get parked at the beach. You had difficulty walking along the narrow pavements because of the trafficIt was a lovely place to live outside the tourist season. 

But when we go on holiday we are these tourists.

It's going to seem terribly quiet after Edinburgh, blackmagic...or will you relish that for the time being at least?

Owl, I was reading an article online saying there are fears for the safety of that vulture, as birds of prey are being poisoned or shot in that area.  I hope they'll leave the poor thing alone, but it's a nice big target and as they eat carrion, a poisoned rabbit carcass would be easy enough to plant.

I see some brain dead types are still insisting that Covid is being spread by the 5g network.  It does make you wonder, they can't all have been dropped on their heads as babies! 

I do love it here but then house and garden are too big for me now. There is too much in the garden that I cannot do. Also it is far away from  family. Where my son lives is at the back of a no through road estate so only local traffic. He is in a small crescent of 14 houses so it is very quiet. But I will be sad to leave. We started making labs tomorrow back down 2 years ago but no where seemed the right place so we abandoned them.

Hope everything works out well this time, blackmagic and you manage to find the perfect place for your future.

It's meant to be hot tomorrow, and I've got the oncology appointment..wonderful! The MacMillan Centre has floor to ceiling glass all across the waiting area, I just hope they've put some aircon on or I shall be on the point of passing out, especially as you have to wear masks in the building now. 

Are the eye drops unopened, Jazz? Your best bet is to phone one of the opticians and ask their advice, they may just say bin them.  If they are prescription no one else should use them anyway.