UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

just took merlin mouse and kevin out. let merlin and mouse off. then bit the bullet and let go of kevins lead. woosh! he was off! never seen a dog run so fast. called mouse, gave her a big fuss, called kevin, he came straight back! so let go again, he was loving it, but came back. there wasnt anyone around, but ive done it.

• Like 2

Jac HATES having his nails clipped.  Last time the vet had two people holding him down and you could hear him screaming from the waiting room 🙄

Just spoke to the rescue I got Lily from and apparently I have no choice but to wait until after first season and I have to take her back to them so they can go through their vets. That means she's going to have two have two separate operations as my vet recommended taking her dew claws off as well. I was willing to save the rescue the cost of paying for the spay but have to go with what they want.  I don't have an issue per se but wish they would at least let me have the discussion with their vet because each dog is different.

I suppose they've been let down in the past by people who promised to get dogs done, then didn't and ended up with an unwanted pregnancy? Annoying though..wouldn't their vet do the dew claws too? Candy has hers and they've never been any bother, but Dylan ripped one of his and the blood was horrendous, looked as if there'd been a murder!

It's remarkably windy here, good for drying the washing so long as it will stay on the line! Cold wind too..I was going to mow the lawn but I was only outside a few minutes picking up behind Candy and my fingers were frozen, so I've decided against it.

Yantan, for heavens sake if your chest is that bad, get back to the doctor! I've heard of a few people with chesty coughs turning out to have pneumonia.

I have clothes out on line also. May be last chance for a few days. 

I released 2 mice on Saturday and didn't set traps again. I am here at the reserve and no produce has been damaged either outdoors or in polytunnels. Between us and the owl we have dealt with the raiders. Humans relocated 20 but owl probably had many more. I am in the cafe watching owlcam. It just woke up and is tidying its feathers. 

I've checked the adoption form, which says that not only am I the owner/keeper from the point of signing but that I'm also responsible for any vet fees from the same point. There is a neutering voucher which I can use with their vets, so I'll ring them tomorrow and have a chat.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, eve said:

I was going to say hope the puppies give you some peace today Alex but that's not very likely is it 😂. So I hope their antics make you laugh and cheer you up. Btw - are you still queen of Rhodos?

No chance of any peace lol. 

My Rhodos are still going, although I'm probably not looking after them as well as I should.  I want to move some into the borders but I'll need to get someone to dig the holes for me.

I used pads with George and, as far as he was concerned, it just taught him to wee indoors. He never was 100% housetrained. 

With Archie I took him outside after every meal and at other times on a regular schedule. He got it really quickly plus he didn't like to "go" in his pen which helped and no word of a lie he was asking to go out at 12 weeks. By the time he was 16 weeks he was 100% housetrained.

My point is - they are all different. I think the best thing we can do is persevere, get them used to routine outside breaks and watch them like a hawk! 

I hope that switch in Lil's brain flicks on soon. Good luck 👍

Kai, my GSD was the only one I've had from a puppy in recent years. He housetrained really quickly but had Stanley, Maisie & Tiffy to copy plus it was a lovely dry July when we got him so we spent lots of time outdoors. Stanley was a bit longer but we got him in December when it was wet and cold and as a staffy, therefore allergic to rain, it was harder to get him outside when needed. He got there in the end with newspapers getting nearer and nearer to the door each day.

The problems I have had over the years with my contralto voice when using phone, and the embarrassment caused to others when they don't know whether to call me sir or madam.  But today is the first time anyone has told me I am a diamond geezer.  An East End bloke, when I rang to tell him that his ancient and much loved staffie was safe with the warden. I am basking in my diamond-ness, though not sure about the geezer bit. 

Perhaps with confusing individuals like me about, that is the reason why guys send dick pics? To provide gender confirmation?  

• Haha 3