UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

I got Ruby an Ancestry DNA kit and it's arrived today. It will be interesting to see what her's turns up. She is Scottish on her dad's side and English on her mum's. I've been researching her family tree and am back to the mid 1600's with no evidence of furriners but, as DNA shows your ethnicity going back centuries, it could be a mix of anything!  

• Like 2

😂😂 Suzeanna. I know a fellow Cumbrian who just cannot be doing with Geordies. He hates the accent & more than once has been set upon by a drunken bunch of them over here on holiday when he was a young man.

He took up genealogy later in life so imagine his face the day he found out he was descended from a long line of them on one branch of his family tree 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Phone started ringing at 11.30pm...international, wouldn't stop, then it came up with a Spanish number...we thought it was my mums cousin so I left it, Steve said are you not going to answer and just say your mum's in bed...I said no way would I answer the phone, anyway, eventually got a voicemail, my aunty carol...mums brothers ex wife...she sounded tearful and I just said to Steve "Terry's dead" she was asking for my mum to call her back as she had some sad news, I went and told my mum, she called carol back and yes....he was apparently found dead in bed. Mum says she will call carol tomorrow but we aren't really sure what they expect from us.....Terry moved to Spain and didn't tell my mum, he deliberately denied her the chance to be with her mum when she died, forced my mum to sell my nans house quickly and cheaply and then spent the next 2 years moaning she had sold the house to cheap! 

Mum hasn't spoken to him in at least 20 years and myself a little less, he hadn't told her he had split with his wife and moved back to the u.k. I now have the lovely task of tracking down Anthony my mums alcoholic brother ( I hope he is still at the hotel the council were housing him in) and telling him his brother is dead, then trying to figure a way of getting him to the Isle of Wight for the funeral...if the family want him there...lucky I decided to speak to him a few weeks ago when I ran into him as at least I have a place to start looking for him

• Sad 1

im sorry to hear that griff. Its your choice if you do all that. 

jaw is swollen. feel like a hamster lol I cant have red hot coffees as normal. 

the benefits have got the assessment, will be about 6 weeks before I hear

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

Well my biological father died this morning. Just hoping my half sister sticks to her word to get him cremated  &  doesn't try to pull a fast one over the burial.  I know it's strange but I really do not feel the slighest thing over his death but it was his father, my grandad, who brought me up and was more my dad than anything.

• Like 1

Yantan.... likewise,I don't feel anything, my dad doesn't understand it, nor does my cousin or aunty....Steve gets it as he is the same with his biological father. I have no happy memories

Found my uncle, god it's grim where he is but better than the streets, he was hungover and the room stank, I told him but he already knew... someone gave him a message yesterday.... maybe his daughter? At least I made the effort

Glad you managed to find your uncle, Griff.

Yantan, I hope that everything goes smoothly and your half sis is true to her word.

It's a funny thing, the way people expect you to grieve over people who are related to you even if they were horrid and you could not abide them, but think you are odd if you fall apart when a friend dies. 

Quite a nice day here but extreme rain descending at 1 am, then wet most of tomorrow. Very muddy on the reserve today. Very glad of 4x4. 

• Like 1

when mother died, my sister and brothers who hadn't lived with her couldn't understand why I couldn't touch anything. They couldn't understand, everything I either bought or used all my life. to put it all in black sacks, weather for rubbish or charity shop. I couldn't do it. stuff I wanted to keep, and was put aside for me, my brother took most to the skip. the picture I bought her, and her bird bath, he gave to the charity shop. Lewis went and got them back for me. 

Griff I hope you disinfected yourself after going to see your uncle :laughingsmiley:

Well my half-sis phoned me and we had a long conversation. She rang in case I was fretting to assure me that my mother's grave would go undisturbed.  She also wanted to know if I had any ideas over holding a funeral. No why would I? As far as all us siblings go we'd be happy to just to have a cremation and leave it at that but she is inclined to have some sort of funeral for his grandchildren. I told her if they wanted that then fine but I wouldn't be going.  She did say "he's being bloody akward to the end isn't he, dying on a weekend when I can't get hold of people to move things forward".  Anyway it's got us talking again so there's that!