UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Marion I reconciled with my dad a few years ago. Only to the point where we have the occasional coffee together.  Last time I saw him he told me that his wife said she wont tell me when he dies. I told him I thought that was disgusting. Even though we're not close, I'd still like to go to the funeral, although don't think I'll bother even if I do know.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Yantan said:

Ahh the joy of puppies Alex :laughingsmiley: It might be good for me to hear more of the little darling's escapades to stop us thinking "uummm, maybe a puppy would be nice again" - I don't know why as we said after Archie "no puppies ever, ever, ever again". Oh he was a little sod! :wub:

She is a little sod. The side table is now a launch pad onto the back of the sofa, every bit of plastic or card in sight gets chewed and she's already trying to get on the sideboard. Oh and she's started trying to eat her poo :sick01:

• Haha 1

Don't watch strictly so not spoiling anything for me Jazz.

Would love a puppy in some respects, could cope with all the toilet training, chewing, teething etc. But there's so many old staffies out there needing a home that I'd really want to adopt one of those. Just have to find a rescue that doesn't insist on it being an only dog (because they want all the love - really? They wouldn't want to have fun with other friendly staffie crosses, go on fabulous walks on beaches, glens and hills and have company 24/7. No they'd rather be stuck in kennels, obviously.) Or that homechecks have to be done by their volunteers and they can't use another rescue's homecheckers. Not that I'm bitter or disillusioned lol.

I'm lucky with family. Since I've moved back to Scotland I've got so much closer to my cousins up here and we meet up every few months now. Same with the family down in England. We all keep in touch and meet up whenever we can. Think losing Dad and Auntie Peggy has brought us all close together somehow, which would have pleased them greatly.

• Like 2

Glad you had a good evening, Griff.

I have cousins, but I could sit next to them on a bus and not know them. My mother had five siblings and they all had children, some quite a bit older than me as her eldest brother and sister were 17 and 15 when she was born, but the others nearer my age and I haven't laid eyes on them since my dad died and my mother and her new female partner moved to Sussex from East Yorkshire.  I have found one, he lives in the Wirral, but apart from cards at Christmas he shows no interest in meeting up.  The others, all girls, I have absolutely no idea about their surnames or where they might be living now.

Candy is back to the vet this morning to have her mouth looked at...she'll hate it.  She doesn't like her ears or her mouth fiddled with, she fights like a little tiger in the vets! 

Nice day here yesterday despite the rainy forecast, today it's not stopped! 

Hope Candy's vet visit goes OK and mouth inspection is over quickly 👍

Eve that's very tight restrictions those rescue's have especially when there are so many Staffies in rescue. That's partly why I'd love to give one or two a home. 

My father was an only child so no first cousins on that side but my mum was from a large family of mixed British/American/Canadian's so I have cousins all over the place. Some I know, mainly the British ones, but most of them are across the Atlantic. I only keep up with my auntie's 2 girls as we all grew up together. 

Since having my DNA done though I have discovered many, many, many cousins of varying degrees of remove from all over the world. 

It's a grey miserable morning here but at least it's fine - so far!

Rained all morning so far :sad02:

I had about two and a half hours' sleep last night.  I rarely sleep more than 5 but sometimes, when I've got stuff on my mind, I wake up and then can't get back to sleep.  Came downstairs and managed to get another hour but have decided to work from home today.  The pups were playing at 4am 😵 but are both fast asleep, while I'm feeling a bit haggard.