UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

Jim has had the drain removed today by a very nurse and doctor.

The doc called me in to see the drain- about 12 inches that had been inside his chest.

Apparantly, it was very difficult to get out and the doc said some cannot be removed and have to stay! He spent ages paring   it away although the actual bit attached wa about 1/4 inch .

Now it just has to heal.

We had a very misty morning driving down but the sun did get out and it was 24 degrees in Inverness. It is misty again tonight.

On the way home we passed an accident that had just happened. On a long slope down   to a big roundabout three cars and a lorry had shunted. It  looked like the queue had slowed for the roundabout and the lorry  at the back had gone into a car which went into the one in front etc.

There was a police car three vehicles back in the queue who were getting out of their  car when we passed. Being a busy road the tailback was already enormous.

Reports say nobody was seriously injured..

A couple of hours later there was an accident coming out of Inverness.

It is silly season the A9 now with 'tourists'.

Yesterday there were three accident one after another, the police had just cleared the road from one when they were called to another and then again.

Last week   a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a head on collision with a German camper van. It  looked like he turned into a side road off the A9 but  the camper was exiting in the right hand lane of the two lanes of the exit. He  maybe   thought it was one for right, and one for left  as there was slip road entry on the right hand side of the junction.

And so it goes on. Every week there is at least one accident, and often more, on the A9. 

It is sad  to read about these dogs. there was one recently where a greyhound suffered heatstroke  when walked by a dog walker. It died  despite the vets' efforts to save it.

My dogs are reluctant to even go out for a pee in the heat we have been having. It is definitely not walking weather.

One of our local dog walkers in ex SSPCA and she is still walking dogs which surprised me. Maybe the town in not as hot as we are in the Strath.

How's Jim feeling Blackmagic?

I've popped in and out of this forum today and didn't see a post since Yantan's early on. Now loads of posts have appeared out of the ether lol. I know our broadband has been playing up but that is just weird. So, sorry to anyone I've ignored, was not intentional xx

I'm still around - good news about Jim Blackmagic fingers crossed it all heals up well now. 

Nick & Vicky had a scary weekend and Bruno ended up at the emergency out of hours vet hospital - the news wasn't what they wanted to hear, his heart murmur is now grade 6 and sadly pretty much anything could now finish him off. He's not to be walked anymore not just because of the effort involved or the heat but mainly because he's always been a little gobby terriorist and since his eyesight and hearing started to go he kicks off at pretty much anything he even thinks might be another dog and that too could trigger a fatal heart attack. He's not eating too well but thats his awful teeth which they can't do anything about because of his condition so he's being offered anything he wants to have little and often. He's staying with me this weekend - he was coming for a 10 day holiday but instead I'll drop him back on Monday as they naturally don't want to be apart from him too long. He seems OK in himself for now but they both know that they have limited time remaining with him. We're all hoping he perks up and they get to have him around for a few more months. 

That is sad. I hope he continues to toddle on for as long as possible.

I just remembered something I wanted to share with you. At the visitor centre at our reserve there is a log book for sightings of birds and other creatures. Some child had fun today:

a seagull

a geese swimming

a pigeon

fishes splashing

Shrek

Definitely the right habitat for him especially this weather. I haven't seen the place so swampy in all the time I have been there. Still bucketing down.

I love that child's response Owl.

I'm sorry to hear about Bruno. 

Blackmagic I hope things start improving for Jim now the drain is out.

A lot of RTA's are caused by drug drivers. Cumbria police had over a 100% rise last year in the number of drug drivers testing positive. It was over 10,000 drivers!

Eve don't be silly, no one thinks you were ignoring us. We all have lives and then there are days when we just don't have anything to share. We all get that.

I have the gardeners in chopping away at the undergrowth, trimming back and otherwise tidying up. Yay!!

I am currently trying to write this on my phone whilst I have Tilly the Puggle sitting on my chest! She's just visiting!

Blackmagic, so pleased Jim has the drain out at last, hope his pain has gone with it! I worry about the lad next door driving, he smokes weed morning noon and night going by the aroma which greets us every time we open the doors or windows, and he's about ready to take his driving test. 

That's sad about Bruno, Snow.  My daughter had a pom called Twinkle who had a worsening heart murmur, she got more and more breathless and spent a lot of her time sleeping.  We called the vet to come and send her on her next journey, but she took matters into her own paws and died in my arms before the vet got to us, luckily we were able to phone and save her a wasted journey.  She was 12, which was a good age considering her heart problems.

My son and family are coming up at the end of August but they are staying in a hotel now, rather than with us.  I got rather short tempered about something when I was speaking to him on the phone the other day and actually told the truth about how I'm feeling for once, rather than sugar coating it so he thinks it would be too much for me to have them staying over.  Rather relieved, to be honest.  Jamie, the twin with autism, can be very hard work. 

Griff, take all the time you need and come back raring to go!

Owl, at least we aren't as badly off for rain as North Yorkshire..did you see the videos on the news? Road and bridges washed away!

• Like 1

Bruno is 13 and he'd had a grade 4 murmur for a while they'd actually taken him for a check up only a few days before the weekend and they'd been told it was now a 5 and they probably wouldn't have more than a year with him but only a few days later this all happened and its gone up to a grade 6 (the worst). His teeth are awful and hurting him but theres no way he'd survive any cleaning or extractions so he's on painkillers for them which will hopefully encourage him to eat he had some sardines and rice yesterday which he enjoyed but he's also started to play up about taking his meds so its a worry and I suspect that they may have to make the decision sooner rather than later if that continues.