UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

can someone run round and get me dressed please? cant use my arm, and lewis is due in an hour. cant use my arm. after the little accident the other day, bet ive trapped my nerve again. ive had my injection early so hope that works

love to all. stay safe and warm!

Sounds like you've swapped roles Suzeanna if she's disapproving of your hair colour 🤣. That reminds me, must make an appointment to get mine cut. Everything crossed you don't have to go the pub tomorrow.

Hope your arm heals soon Jazz.

We are staying put at least until this afternoon as there is black ice everywhere. I can see people walking along the pavements very carefully. We may even stay put all day. 

I am thinking of ordering a bike with no gears, no chain and no pedals. The adult version is out of stock and not available until March 1st but likely to sell out fast so I need to decide now. It is something which may be really good for me but might create a sensation in Harworth Bircotes where the bicycle has been an object of worship for many decades.  The world class professional cyclist Tom Simpson lived here. Died aged 30 during the Tour de France, heart attack caused by alcohol and amphetamines, before the ban on drugs. Many cycling clubs are active round here. Anyway, I would use the bike to get around the reserve and for canal paths and bridleways so would take it there in the car.  Otherwise I might be widely discussed on local social media and possibly accused of insanity, heresy or both. 

If we lived close Jazz I would have popped round to help you dress. I used to be a home carer. 

Poor Archie has had another bout of acid reflux. He's been dosed with his medicine and is now sleeping peacefully. I cooked him a steak for his breakfast but it's still sitting there. When he eats I'll know he's recovered. 

That bike sounds interesting Owl. Go for it!

Owl...that bike has me intrigued...how do you make it go?? 

Jazz, can you use a tens machine?

Lol Suzeanna, that made me laugh about your daughter not approving of your hair colour

I am sorry Archie is poorly Yantan

I may kill my dad... really annoying me today

With your feet, Griff! It is a modern version of the hobby horse bicycle which was the predecessor of the pedal cycle. Known as a balance bike. The small versions are for children learning to ride, the adult one is for people with poor balance or disabilities. Your feet touch the ground and you can propel yourself along while the bike takes your weight. My dodgy ankle prevents me from walking as far as I would like, and I am most unsafe on a normal bike. 

https://www.striderbike.co.uk/bikes/20-inch-strider-balance-bikes/strider-20-sport.html 

lewis was very good, helped me all the way. tescos had 150 nappie bags for 13p. great poo bags. got 10. got big bottles of bleach for 8p each and black bags for 40p. then in the charity shop, got a unicorn and new dog collar for 50p each anddddd a lovely leather recliner sofa. that's coming tomorrow 80 quid