UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

I might see the lunar eclipse if I remember to look up through the skylight on the early hours wee run.

I am not finding it particularly cold here today and wonder if that might signal snow? 

Ruby had to go to Stafford yesterday for a committee meeting early today. She made excellent time as the road was really quiet. She is stopping at Tebay services on the way back to get us some nice stuff from the shop. Friends of ours, who know we like to stop off there whenever we can, bought us some vouchers for Christmas to spend there so they will be used today.

Was very drizzly earlier when out with the dogs but now a lovely sunny afternoon. Should get out and tidy up the garden a bit but Nick is snuggled on my lap and I don't want to distub him - yep, that excuse will do lol. Sun is also showing up how filthy my windows are. In fact the whole house could do with a good spring clean, but it's not spring yet so that can wait too. Not that I've become a right lazy mare recently ......

Hope you keep the bug at bay Owl, it really drags you down especially at this time of year.

I hope I'm not awake  to see the lunar eclipse but have had weird sleeping patterns lately so might well be. Could do with a good night's sleep though.

Hope everyone is well and has a relaxing Sunday afternoon

Up at silly o'clock to get to my eye appointment - can't see the moon it's too cloudy here typical! 

Dreading this appointment - have so much to ask him and he's so taciturn so I'm taking Rob in with me as I won't be able to read the long list of questions I have once I have the stingy drops in my eyes. 

Hope the appointment goes/went well, Snow.  I took a list of questions for the first oncologist I saw..he glanced at it, pushed it away and ignored it! Fingers crossed the problems with your eyes isn't due to the eyesight getting worse, just the wrong drops. 

Philip has been left with very dry eyes since his cataract ops, he was given Hyloforte at the eye clinic but the GP surgery has changed it to something else "as it's cheaper for the NHS".  Not so good for the patient though, Hf you just held at a slight angle level with your eye and pushed with your thumb, and one drop perfectly in the eye plus you could use them for  months after opening.  This other stuff you have to squeeze the bottle with your head back and it's very hard to squeeze so your hand starts shaking and the drop goes down your face, not in your eye! Also you have to discard them much faster.  False economy, in my opinion.

I hope your appointment goes well today Snow.

False economy indeed Suzeanna. 

Griff I hope you haven't got a hang-over this morning.

I had a lovely visit with Evie and family last night and they eat all their food up with relish. They were very impressed that I had managed to get a vegan and gluten free pizza. I had a small slice myself and it wasn't half bad!  They were just leaving as Ruby arrived home. She'd used the vouchers up at Tebay and we now have Cumberland sossidge in the freezer, Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding, a steak pie, Grasmere Gingerbread, bath soap and socks.

We're back boy was that stressful we left here at 7:15 an hour and 15 mins before my appointment for what is normally a 25 - 30 min journey but traffic was horrendous and I ended up being 10 mins late and panicking I'd miss it, thankfully it was all fine when I got there and I still ended up being first in to see the consultant. Bad news is that I definitely have glaucoma but the pressures have significantly reduced with the drops. The bad eye has had disc damage but as thats the one I have no central vision in following my recent surgery its not really a concern, the good news is theres no damage to my remaining "good eye". I do have PCO ( clouding of the lens) in the "good eye"  and he's agreed to do the laser treatment in 5 weeks time theres a risk involved as there always is with laser surgery but in my case the risks are higher given what happened to the other eye but if I don't have it then the cloudiness will get worse and worse and eventually I wouldn't be able to see out of either eye so no real choice really. So a mixed bag of news. 

My drops can only be used for 28 days and then I have to throw them away and start a new bottle - that in its self is becoming stressful as for some fliiping reason they won't let me have a "spare" bottle and my prescription is "monthly" but I need it ever 21 days really and no one not the surgery nor the pharmacy seem able to grasp this simple fact and every month I end up faffing about trying to order a prescription online because no one has put one through for me. 

The side effects of the drops are interesting - they actually market it for lengthening your eyelashes (its verrry expensive to buy it for cosmetic reasons) my eye lashes are now really long and dark and thick and getting fuller every day it seems, it might also turn my irises from blue to brown!

I could do with some of tho+se9 8+6 (Archie is helping me write this548540) As *I **was saying** (he's still at it!) I could do with some of those drops for my eyelashes as they are very sparse and transparent.  Archie has gone for a wander. 

Last night Evie proclaimed that "Marion's house is very posh". It really isn't, you'd all laugh if you could see it but to a 6 year old that leads a simple life in simple surroundings I can see that it might appear that way.