UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

12 days ago I ordered some lidded storage boxes from Viking Direct. Although I don't recall seeing anything about a delivery date I expected to get them within a week as virtually all other things I order online are sent out promptly and arrive well within that time frame. I used Viking years ago, before the internet, for office supplies and they were excellent. Last Friday I told them I wanted to cancel the order, having checked my account and found that they weren't even marked as "dispatched" yet and receive a refund. I have had no reply and looking reviews up on them I wish I hadn't gone near them now. It seems like Viking is no longer a firm you can rely on. I won't be using them ever again.

Friday is creeping up on me, seeing the oncologist to get the result of the scan.  I don't usually feel like this but I really don't want to go. It's the stupid thing that if I'm not given bad news then it isn't happening! Philip is taking the day off to come with me and much as I'm grateful I really wish I was going on my own, if it is bad news I know he'll get upset then I will too....on my own I can just keep a blank face and act as if it's nothing but with him there, I know I won't manage it.

I've got as far as buying some hair dye (Nice n easy Golden Auburn Blonde) and doing the skin test.  I will try it tomorrow..probably.  Maybe.  If I get up the courage and convince myself I'm not going to look as if I dived head first into a jar of marmalade😜

Thanks all!  Griff, I did say something to Philip but he's insisting he comes in with me, in case I forget any questions I meant to ask.  I said if the news isn't good try not to get upset and got a hmmph sort of noise, then he said if it's bad when we get out of there we're going straight to the pub! 😄

I like Philips style lol...pub always helps! My nan never allowed us to get upset in front of her, she said she wasn't going to cry so we couldn't.....I got threw out of her house along with her gp because we were crying lol, I don't think I will ever forget that