UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

What an exciting thing to find, Yantan. 

Wispa is a happy girl. She didn't realise that Classic FM lives in the TV downstairs as well as the radios in bedroom and kitchen. We are cosy in living room as I am trying to get out of the habit of going to bed too early and waking up too early.

• Like 1

Yantan...if feeding the birds bring vermin..you can't do it, maybe put some fatball in a hedgerow?

Owl, so pleased Wispa is happy..... hope you can sleep in a little now

I have been and had beer, as my dad dropped me off, he warned me about one of the blokes...I have done everything to dissuade him but tonight I had to fib... after telling him I was an independent woman who relied upon nobody I have to say Steve was my fella...he kind of is but we don't label things... and that I was very much capable of buying my own beer....I am! By thankfully I had the barmaid to back me up!! I am very happy to have a beer of anyone.... provide I can buy one back....I pay my own way regardless

Good old Wispa. Archie likes Classic FM too.

Talking of Archie I decided to put him in the car this morning and take him to what used to be one of his favourite walks, although I knew he wouldn't be able to do the complete circuit. I'd just turned the corner onto the main road when a smell hit me.  Yes Archie had pooped in the back of the car. So freezing cold day and I had to open the windows a bit to get some fresh air in as the smell was really pungent. 

It's no good letting him off lead anymore because he wanders away and gets into situations he can't get out of, like getting stuck in the middle of a bush, so on-lead we walked the first half of this woodland walk where it is mostly flat and ignored the uphill stretch and turned around instead and walked back. Very, very, very slowly but Archie was really enjoying sniffing EVERYTHING.

Well I found that storage costs are so.... well, costly! We've been quoted £65 a month plus VAT and insurance, so nearer £90, for a small storage unit for a couple of dozen boxes. That would be OK if it was short term but we'll probably need it for 9-12 months and possibly longer.  

best to just take what you need and be strict on what you keep x

im glad he had a nice time

i was so tired, cant sleep with this pain, so had a sleep on my new sofa recliner ooo its comfy

zoe has a visitor Wednesday, lovely lady, so she could be going

Hope Zoe and her visitor click and she gets a new forever home Jazz.

Shame about Archie's accident but glad he enjoyed his walk. It's quality, not quantity that matters. Ouch for the steep storage costs, that's pricey. Hope you find a cheaper option.

Was my Auntie Peggy's funeral today. Really nice service with a minister who actually knew her so the eulogy was funny and personal to her. Family came from all over the world so was great to catch up and reminisce. The 'wake' was just getting into full swing when I had to leave so I'd imagine there'll be a few sore heads in the morning lol. My family do know how to drink and party.

• Like 1

How on earth do people manage to afford to go on holiday in school holidays? Its been a long time since I had to think about it but now that Owen is about to turn 5 we won't be able to take him on holiday in term time - I had mentioned to Nick about perhaps all going to the Isle of White for a little holiday this year to help share the costs before I actually looked at what the costs actually were and I've had a bit of a shock! The difference between a term time week and a half term week is ridiculous its between 3 & 4 x's the price!! I'm not sure we can afford it even spreading the costs between us - and I'm not talking about posh hotels or anything, just 4 or 5 days in a bog standard caravan! 

Snow, that's exactly why my son took his out of the holidays, risking a fine (which he didn't get, thankfully.) He said it would still be cheaper, even with a fine to pay.

Glad your Aunt's funeral was well attended, Eve.  Don't suppose your dad was well enough to go but you were there on his behalf.  How is he now, by the way? Improving, I hope?

Jazz, do you do your own injections or do you have a nurse come to you? When I had to have injections into my tummy after my cancer op, Philip did them for me after being shown how in the hospital.  I didn't really feel them but I did have bruises.

Yantan, don't suppose you know anyone you could rent a room from to store your things?

Auntie Peggy sounds as though she was seen off in style. I'll bet there were loads of stories shared about her.

I mis-read the costs of the storage place that quoted me and it's £65 INCL VAT but insurance still on top. I found a couple of other places that are a bit cheaper and both have 24 hr, 365 day access unlike the unit that quoted us. However the £65 unit is mid way between here and Cockermouth, where we hope to move and is on Ruby's route to work so she could take a couple of boxes every now and again and get out any that we might want to access. The other two would mean having to drive specifically to them. 

Suzeanna I wouldn't want to store my stuff in a strangers house and in any case any spare rooms here are rented out to people to live in. That's where the money is. None of my family have spare rooms. There is a shortage of garages locally and any that do come up rent out far in excess of storage unit rates.

I am making a tattie pot today.  

No just trying to get other stuff done, and went to a yoga class. The teacher offered me a place on her midday class on account of my being like the walking dead from early evening onwards. Much better idea. Pouring rain today in Notts but snow over other side of M1 in Derbys. Dry day forecast tomorrow then a lot of snow on Thurs, so will see Wispa has a good walk tomorrow and will make sure we have enough of everything we need before battening down the hatches.