UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

It's raining here now but was fair this morning for Archie's little walk around the block (well 2 blocks really) He's always been happy to go for a walk no whatever the weather but George would only go out in the rain providing he had his coat on. If he needed a wee in the garden and it was raining I had to go out to hold an umbrella over him.  

• Haha 2

Well done Griff. 

Glad Archie managed a walk.

Very damp and windy here so we went to the arboretum at the garden centre and had a wander round. I bought a shrub called wintersweet. Never come across it before. Small blossoms with an amazing scent.

• Like 1

Also had to google wintersweet, it looks lovely. I'm going to re do my back garden this year. It's not huge but there's a lot of wasted space so I'm moving the shed to a back corner, putting a new patio in, lopping down a rhododendrun that is almost dead and hacking back a lantern tree that is out of control. Hopefully gives us a nice area to sit out in if we get a decent summer. I love having a garden project to do. I've planted a few rose bushes in the past couple of years but would love some more scented shrubs alongside them.

WARNING I googled wintersweet to find out how to care for it, and discovered that it is very poisonous! So not for a garden where pets, children, livestock are likely to take a nibble. Wispa does not nibble shrubs so should be OK.

I will plant mine in a large container and put a warning on it! 

Busy start to the day Jazz lol

Beautiful here today, really sunny but a bitterly cold wind. Luckily Richard's ankle wasn't too bad today so we had a fabulous walk with the dogs up the Glen where they all had a good off lead run as there was nobody else around where we were.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Not the best day for those doing the Big Garden Birdwatch as most birds are lying low. I didn't bother this year as the feeding stations were been moved to far end of garden during the mouse invasion. Short walk on reserve as bitterly cold. 

• Like 1

We've made a start on sorting the attic out. Brought 3 boxes down and sorted through the contents making piles for the charity shop, the bin and to keep.

I was pleased to find my many times over great grandfather's signature on a legal document of 1788.

If the cost isn't too prohibitive we are going to get a storage locker so we can empty the attic & de-clutter the house.

Owl we hardly see a bird here since I stopped feeding them due to that rat visiting. I feel really sorry for them but we can't risk having rats move in.

• Like 1