UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Only three of our dogs have died in their sleep, Twinkle a pom who we knew wasn't well, Jazz our GSD who went totally out of the blue, fine when I went to work and when Philip got home an hour later from his night shift Jazz was stretched out on the settee lifeless and of course most recently, my darling Rosie who went when being looked after by friends. Seven others all had to be pts and I can honestly say it never got any easier.

Edited by suzeanna

A funeral directors firm rang Ruby from Kent to ask if she'd thought about arranging her funeral. She hung up on them and blocked the number. I would have had a few choice words to say if it had been me. They knew her name and obviously had her number and knew she had had cancer. We are wondering if the insurer covering her private health cover sold her details on. What a bleedin liberty on all accounts!

George's collar sits on his box of ashes in the dining room. I took a tiny amount of his ashes out to put in my memorial necklace along with a curl of his hair. That way he's always with me. When I go his ashes will be mixed with mine and I am hoping someone will chuck us of a certain bridge to float down the river, past our old family house.

It's lashing it down here today. We have started some sprucing up prior to getting the estate agents round after Christmas.

Edited for misspelling.

Edited by Yantan

Bless her she was very special

I am typing on phone and it won't let me punctuate

Vet visit went OK but vet baffled by Wispa's voice loss. Nothing detectable so a short course of Previcox anti inflam and see if that helps for a start

So then we went for a walk on the reserve and found a whooper swan grounded and by the look of it caught in a fence. Had to wait for a ranger who is experienced in swan handling to come and help. Between us we got hold of it and heaved it safely over fence in direction of lake. Swans are featherbrains

• Like 1

Do you know Yantan... it's most likely the hospital. Everytime I go, within about 4 days I get a call about the accident i have had... always my mobile number too which is the one I give

Jazz, it's never easy for us but the most loving thing for us to do for them.

I have never list a pet in their sleep, I had to take my hamster and have her PTS, my mouse the same and gerbils, first dog was diesel and i had to let her go, Laney died on the living room floor and i had to take Max for Steve as he couldn't do it....we keep hoping that Dex will just fall asleep but he is a sod so will want to give me as much grief as possible!

Had to pop to the vets to get some promax for deagan, I had intended to walk back but by the time I had got a few bits the bag was heavy so I walked to the bus stop. I stood at the bus stop and there are some temporary lights, I looked over and a fella in a van was looking at me, as he was going by he sort of turned to look back... stupid sod nearly ran into the back of a car as the lights had gone red! Lol, he had to swerve and break hard. There was a police car a couple of cars back and i just looked at them, they were laughing about it and the driver shouted I shouldn't be distracting drivers...it was nice to see a copper with a sense of humour

• Like 3

Yantan that is shocking for Ruby to have a call like that. I am sure details get released as I had lots after collar bone break, and I don't have private health cover. I had a very silly conversation with someone who was sure that someone must be liable for the accident. I explained that you can't sue a deer, and no it did not belong to anyone, and there is no way that anyone can be held responsible for the conduct of native wild animals. The man found it very hard to get his head round the things that go on in merrie Sherwood Forest.

• Like 1