UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

when i worked nights, the lad next door (6 foot) would put his music on so loud, my windows rattled. one day, got woke up too many times, so went next door, in my nightie. I just heard Oh sht! he wouldnt open the door, but I threatened to cut off many appendiges of his. he didnt play his music again

jerry ate a whole pouch! yea

I used to have to go round to the fella above me, I had me raring at him and a snarly lungy staff on a chain lead... must have looked a right sight

They finally left at about 8pm...I could have done with out it, I feel so sick today, they will be back tomorrow so I am off out... again! It's costing me an absolute bomb!

All possible measures are being taken on Saddleworth Moor. The army have been deployed and there is at l;east one helicopter. They have done everything possible with firebreaks and hosing round areas in danger, but this is the worst moorland fire recorded in the area.

Thanks for buying that fan, Suzeanna. We have had 2 lovely cool evenings so had late walks followed by some proper sleep. Off shortly to the reserve as it is my turn to water the polytunnels and gardens. Then off to an ancient wood which is a dormouse reserve. Not many people go there, dogs on leads only and thick tree canopy.

Glad Jerry is doing ok.

Yantan, please give my regards to Ruby.

I had an upstairs neighbour in London who played music until 2 am some nights. He was a student who did not take on board, or possibly despised, my ordinary office working hours. We had a running battle because the loo for the bedsits was on my floor and he used to wander down wearing only a t shirt. I thought he should have the respect to wear at least underpants with it. He thought I was a stuffy conventional type with no idea of personal freedom. Bedsitter land, how did I survive it?

id hate to have to share a bathroom with strangers

the 4 cardboard boxes are emptied and out for the bin men

my friends daxi is coming from ireland. shes waited a month for him. hes on the ferry just now. the rescue owner is bringing him, stopping the night then going back

Good news about the fires, Owl. Let's hope the wind doesn't pick up and drive it on again. If I'd had your neighbour, I'd have had a strong clothes peg to hand and next time he wandered around with it all hanging out, I'd have attached it, firmly! A bloke where I worked when I was in my twenties fancied himself as a lady killer, he grabbed my boob one day as he walked past me and I got a firm handful of his family jewels and squeezed them, hard. He never came near me again.

• Like 1

Lol Owl, I think people like that are just sad and genuinely do it to try and shock and provoke a reaction.. deffo lacking upstairs!

I am pleased the fire is under control at the moment, I am quite worried about a chap I chat to on a dog forum as he has an estate up there and all those poor little bunnies and mice deers etc

Right..best go, need to iron some clothes and get my mum's lunch

Thanks for the update on Saddleworth Moor Owl. What a fight they've had to contain it, I'm so glad they are now winning. Yes indeed I will pass your regards onto Ruby. She enjoys hearing about yours and Wispa's adventures. She's gone to work today as the sickly feeling, back pain and dizziness she was getting yesterday has gone today. Also being at work helps take her mind off it.

Thanks to everyone else for the words of encouragement and advice based on personal experience, all of which are very much appreciated :flowers:

Archie and I had a short walk early this morning but it was still very warm. He did a bit of running at the beginning but soon wore himself out and didn't protest at being put on lead to go back to the car.

I have the kitchen to clean as all last night's dinner dishes and utensils are still sitting piled up on the side. I ran out of puff last night and couldn't face it. Feel much the same this morning to be honest!

I hope you all manage to stay reasonably cool today. Griff it really isn't fair you have to leave the house to get peace so I hope the neighbours desist with the loud music.

FFS! What a ruddy carry on.

Ruby got fed up of waiting to hear back from the private health scheme so, with only tomorrow now being an option for getting one step ahead of her NHS appointment, she rang them to ask what was happening. It seems that they had 2 consultants on their list for this area and one of them had been withdrawn from it, which was causing the hold up. She told them she had an NHS appointment for Monday and would just go with it rather than risk having to wait further. There will be more to do if she needs treatment and prefers to go private as she will have to transfer out of the NHS to the private scheme and will need her GP to help with that. It's all stressing her out!

What a nightmare, to be fair, once you are seen by a constant the scans usually follow quite quickly, why on earth don't the private lot day to people only 1consultant in that area.. could you travel for an appointment

Yes to be fair to the private scheme if Ruby had been prepared to travel to Newcastle or Manchester they could have probably offered her one sooner but she asked if they did them up here and the answer was "yes" but no delay was mentioned. She's feeling better just having a date for the CT now though regardless of who is doing it. It was the hanging about waiting that was getting to her.

Had she thought about this sooner, like last Thursday after seeing her GP, she could have started the private route then which would have got her ahead of the game but she didn't do anything until Tuesday after she still hadn't heard from the NHS and was highly stressed. Anyway she is getting seen on Monday so at least that's progress. Let's hope after that things move on without too much of a delay. We are pretty sure whatever the tumour is, benign or otherwise, she will have to lose the kidney. The referral notes says they suspect RCC (Renal Cell Carcinoma) stage III but we just have to hope they are proved wrong!

Is it tonight England play?