UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Oh My Days.

Yantan

2 places I moved into had mice. they said they can get through a hole the size of your finger tip. we had to poison them, no other way worked.

my friend came and clipped the dogs. it was going well till she dropped the box the clippers came in. luna got the clipper oil and swallowed most of it before we noticed. so rung the vet, he said to make her drink as much water as I could, don't make her sick. the poisons book says they can only treat any symptoms. I got a lot down her. she seems ok. sod. she breaks her crate one day, drinks poison the next!

We had a shower at lunchtime but I got my washing dry before then. It is still warm though. Not the heat they have had down south but pleasant

I am tempted to move some plants out of the greenhouse.

Jim found a dead tick on the floor yesterday morning so the blighters are here now. The scalibor collars the dogs wear kill them on contact so obviously worked.

My grandson asked my son what he was doing.

Dad : I'm clearing out the old medicines. See, this one is from 2014.'

GS : "Was that when the dinosaurs were?"

Dad:"'No"

GS ; "2011 then."

• Like 1

LOL at your grandson blackmagic. My niece asked me, when she was a little girl, what it was like to have dinosaurs running about when I was her age.

We've had some fairly heavy rain, it's fair now but still overcast. Nonetheless, I still have the doors and windows open and have been fine up until a few minutes ago but it's getting a la'al bit chilly. As soon as I shut the doors I will guarantee that Archie will want out, despite the fact that he has been happy lolling on his sofa for the best part of the afternoon.

LOL at your grandson blackmagic. My niece asked me, when she was a little girl, what it was like to have dinosaurs running about when I was her age.

We've had some fairly heavy rain, it's fair now but still overcast. Nonetheless, I still have the doors and windows open and have been fine up until a few minutes ago but it's getting a la'al bit chilly. As soon as I shut the doors I will guarantee that Archie will want out, despite the fact that he has been happy lolling on his sofa for the best part of the afternoon.

My nephew asked my sister of they had stagecoaches when she was a little girl.

Our dogs want out as soon as we settle down for the evening.

We usually watch something on Netflix from 9pm but even if I put them out at 8.55pm they still want out at 9.05pm

Cleo has to go out twice, 10 minutes apart. Our garden runs right round the house. First time she turns left out of the back and second time she turns right.

Jazz, hope she is o.k...i had to rush Laney down once as he ate medication belonging to my mum..I wasn't sure of the name and the poison hotline said pump his stomach, luckily I found part of the box and the senior vet recognised them. Second time was Kota, she ate dog & cat repellent granules that were predominantly garlic based...she had to have a jab to make her sick and the only thing that protected her from kidney damage was the fact she had eaten and my swift action...3rd time was when Kota ate a box of chocolates... again they had to make her sick because of the weight and amount of chocolate..she was borderline so I said do it, how could I leave it and risk her health??

Dogs have some funny quirks, Steve's Molly wants out..steps out and comes straight back in, max used to go out and refuse to come back in.. worried me sick he did... would lie out in the rain and scorching heat...was that bad that Steve used to have to leave the door open when he went to work

It's important to check in both directions blackmagic. Surely you know this by now. Cleo's told you often enough. As has Archie told you Yantan that as soon as a door is shut the garden NEEDS a thorough check by him. Jeez, anyone would think you'd never had dogs looking after you before lol

Another scorching day here,27c, but that's the last of it. Temperature drops by at least 10c tomorrow, and might be a bit of rain.

Having a flying visit to Eastbourne tomorrow. Set off at the crack of dawn, see my sister, cousin, dad, do a bit of shopping then back home in the evening

• Like 2

she seems ok. bloody dog!

mouse is having her stitches out tomorrow morning, the foster is going at 12.30 and ive got the dentist at 2, my tooth has fallen apart, see if they can fill it all again. all ive got left is one side

We are very pleased with ourselves, having managed to avoid tracking 4 dogs in 4 days because they were all found just as we were on our way. There were the 2 on Saturday, then another near Mablethorpe on Sunday who had been missing for several days but was caught by a random person just as we were getting into the car. So we avoided Derby, Halifax and Mablethorpe but did not avoid Selby today as dog was found just as we arrived. So we had a long woodland walk in a nearby nature reserve which had refreshing shady pools for Wispa to wallow in. What we expected to be a demanding search following a 4 day old trail ended up being a celebration and a grand day out.

Only thing less enjoyable was the lorry which sped past on the journey home and scattered some of its load of large chippings over the car, taking an inch wide chunk out of windscreen. £90 excess on screen replacement, thank goodness for credit card. Autoglass is very busy so appointment is Thursday week. Looks like I am limited to local driving until then.

Jazz, what a worry. I hope the little mite is ok now.

Interesting the timescales children have. My sister when about five asked our mum if the Ancient Egyptians were around when she was a little girl.

5 year old boy next door still thinks Wispa and I go out to hunt crocodiles and wants to join us on one of our expeditions.

• Like 2

Haha I love the Fugee dogs and their foibles. They do have some funny ways with them.

Our JRT, Jerry, loved my granddad's supper time. Punctually every night at 8.00 my granddad would make a cuppa tea (in a big pint pot) and get the biscuit tin out. Jerry would get half a biscuit. At 8.10 the lid would go on the biscuit tin and then Jerry would come and scratch at our sitting room door to be in to say hello and see if there was a treat forthcoming. We could set our clocks by his arrival. On a Friday evening at 7.30 he would ask my granddad to be out and go round to see my great aunt, who lived next door. The reason? Every Friday she bought a quarter of tongue and always gave him a slice. He'd have his tongue, stay to be petted before for a while before returning home for his half biscuit at 8pm with granddad.

A friend looked after my 13 year old when we went on holiday.

When we came back she commented that every night she had come to my friend's husband and 'had a conversation' with him.

I forget to tell her that she got a chew at 8 pm every night. That was what Shera had been telling him.

We get bones for the dog from the butcher every Friday. They get hung up in the garage until Saturday morning when the dogs get them.

When we come home from the shopping we let the dogs out of the car and Murphy goes into the garage and looks up at the hook to see if the bones are there. They are still in the shopping bags in the car!

Saturday morning he hangs around JIm until he goes out to the garage to get them. He follows Jim to the garage ( to check he is getting them) then follows him back with them.

He gets one bone in the kitchen and Cleo gets her in the living room. We out a sheet over the carpet to protect it.

After no more than one minute Murphy comes and stands outside the kitchen door and stares.

I say ' swopsies' and he rushes into the living room to get the bone while Cleo goes into the kitchen to get his. He takes the one he gets back to the kitchen and she brings her one into the living room. ( The living room rug is her dining room. Any chew or treat she gets gets brought through to the living room to be investigated and eaten.)

All my dogs since I have had 2 have played swopsies with their bones. The old one teaches it to the new one each time.

The great thing I love about having more than one dog is watching how multiple dogs interact with each other.

Murphy always get s into the car first. If Cleo gets back to the car first she waits for him to come and get in before she will get in. But she always gets out first.

Cleo can be sleeping on the couch and Murphy will come in and and stand in front of her. She will get up and they will both go back outside. It is as if he says 'come and see this'.

Other times , JIm will be sitting on one half of the couch and Cleo will be sleeping on the other half. Murphy will stand there and she will get down and lie down on the rug and he will get up.

They do seem to communicate with each other.

• Like 1

I don't think George listened to anything Archie had to say. Archie was always the younger annoying little brother. They wouldn't snuggle together, or rather George wouldn't snuggle, I think Archie would have liked too to start with.

The few times they did manage to share the sofa one would be at one end and one at the other. They would end up kicking one another until one of them good fed up and got down.

Archie also learned that if he started barking and looking at the front door George would get down to see who was coming. There'd be no one there and Archie would rush to get on the sofa where he'd spread out as much as he could to stop George getting back on. George would then proceed to sit and just stare at Archie until in the end Archie would vacate the sofa.

They both had their own side in the car and both flatly refused to move from it.

Mind you despite all their "coolness" to one another if another dog bothered either of them the other one would come steaming in to sort it out. In George's final years when he was frailer and having more frequent seizures he must have given something off in the day or so following that other dogs found alarming and even the most mild mannered dogs would try to attack him. Archie took on the role of protector then and wouldn't let other dogs approach George. Archie would also come and get me when George had a seizure if I wasn't already to hand. Arch would then hang around looking worried whilst I dealt with George - he really did have a look of concern on his face.

I'd love to read more about your dog/s and their foibles :)

need a locksmith, back door wont lock. my son used local heroes, its run by british gas, so put my details in

before social media, I knew someone who knew someone who could do whatever I needed. now, I know nobody