UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Oh My Days.

Yantan

Happy Birthday to the amazing Archie xx

Even older then our giant African snail, who is making up for 5 months spent in lockdown by completely pigging out. Has fallen asleep with face in a Little Gem.

• Like 1

Hope Archie enjoys his birthday steak! Our oldest dog made it to 15, my little pom Misty...and by guesswork we think Dylan was about that age, hard to tell with a rescue. The weather here today is very good, despite a not so good forecast, hope Archie has sunshine too.

• Like 1

Thanks folks for the birthday wishes for The Archibald. He has had good weather Suzeanna so has been wandering in and out of the garden at his leisure. He's also had his steak and thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't get him anything else as he no longer plays with toys and really he has everything he needs. He gets all the brands of food he likes best, same for treats and has beds, blankies, harnesses, collars etc..

Once upon a time he used to have a party when his friends would come round for nice noms. Now he's the only one left from his original group of pals all of whom he knew from being a puppy. He won't have other dogs in the house now. He just likes a quiet life of daily walks, sunbathing in the garden when the weather permits and plenty of long naps :wub:

I'm glad the land snail is ramping up and enjoying food. Long may it continue.

After much research, reading various forums etc, I've decided to refuse one of the drugs offered due to the very dodgy possible side effects, and say I'll try the letrozole under two conditions. Firstly that I don't start it until the middle of July as Philip has two weeks annual leave at the beginning of the month, and second that I'm given the brand which is the one everyone says has the least side effects. Unfortunately it's also the most expensive and they don't like giving it out, but so far as I'm concerned, it'll be that or nothing.

• Like 2

Good for you Suzeanne. You know we are all here supporting you in whatever you decide :flowers:

I am frozen as I am sitting in a draft because the doors are propped open for Archie. Our front garden is in shade until the afternoon so it will soon be warming up once the sun hits this side of the house. It's a cracking day!

We really should have fitted doggie doors when Archie was young. Could you do that Jazz to save you freezing to death in winter?

Ruby has landed home as she started feeling ill at work. She can't get warm and has a pain in the mid section of her back on one side. She went straight to bed and I took her one of my heated lavender bags up for her back. She fell asleep soon after.

Got woken at 1.20am...banging and crashing from next door, looked out the window and saw the 2fellas that own the place, then at about 7.15am the bloody builders started banging... I am seriously pee'd off with it now, I am gonna lose it soon

Griff by law, where residents can be disturbed, they are not allowed to start until 8am on a weekday with a 6pm finish otherwise it's 6am to 6pm.

I was wondering if it was a kidney infection too Griff but I think the pain is too high up and today she's complaining of an ache around her neck and under her chin. I was wondering if it might be glandular fever.

Eve yes the smell has gone from Ruby's room - thank dawg!