UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

haven't been for years. love to go again though

ive just started shredding paperwork for 4 years ago. its mainly trudys paperwork I didn't have the heart to get rid of once she died. I'm crying all through it, its like I'm getting rid of the last things of hers

I'm picking up my new glasses tomorrow. they are like the old black national health ones, but as the men in 'kingsmen' wear them, they must be 'in'. now ive lost 3 stone, I need a different shape

you lot know everything lol

I was thinking about a new bed, get a king size rather than the double. kingsize are longer so cant just get a mattress. thought about 2 singles on the double frame, just 3 inches over each side. what do you think?

It's unlikely they will stop put Jazz. First of unless they are zip linked they will part in the middle and the weight of the overlaying edges will drag the mattress down and this would be the case even if they were zipped together. Fitting sheets will be problematic too. You could try a board of the same size under them for support but it I still don't think it would be ideal. This knowledge comes to you from the years I spent in hotel housekeeping :jammin:

Sorry not kept up but had a long drive down to Eastbourne all day yesterday. Dogs were brilliant, they're becoming such good travellers. Had a first stop off at Tebay services and Richard bought some Cumberland sausages from their farm shop. Had them for dinner tonight and wow they were gorgeous. Don't think I've ever had such lovely sausages in my life lol.

Visited my dad in his nursing home and he is happy in his own little world. It's quite a shabby old fashioned home but the care is superb and they are geared up for dementia patients so I can't ask for anything more. He thinks he lives in a flat in Glasgow bless him, but he is content and safe and that's all that matters. His house is in process of being sold now to pay for his care so we'll have to think of somewhere else to stay when we come down to visit.

Hope everyone is well xx

• Like 3

Awww Eve, I agree, things might be a bit tired but if the care is excellent.... that's more important, so pleased he seems content

Jazz an overhang on the mattress is lethal, mine kept sliding off my bed frame and overhanging the number of times I slipped into the floor... unbelievable

the hotel bed for our holiday last week was twin beds zipped together and it was no problem. Very comfy and huge. We could have had the two dogs in with us !

The sheets were huge. I think they are sold as ' hotel sheets'.

We are back to bitter cold wind again. Where has spring got to?

My son in Romania told n=me they are due to get snow next week- a soick to the system after 22 degrees this week.

Eve I love the services at Tebay (it's pronounced Teeber) and I have been known to go just to shop there! I am glad you like my local sossidge. It is the best in the world. Do you recall the makers name by any chance? I could possibly get you some more locally and send it. It's smashing your dad is a in a good care home and being well looked after.

blackmagic as you found there's nowt wrong with ziplinked beds but they have to be on a base the same size. What it's been 22C in Rumania this week and yet they're due snow soon? That's nuts!

Another bus driver has smashed into Steve's bus today...he is fine thank goodess...all be it annoyed that he has to deal with the paperwork and acident line when he has done nothing wrong! he was stationary and they guy has smashed into the back of his bus, Steve had to take the bus back to the garage as the panel at the back is very sharp so could cut somebody, had to have his alcohol breath test...beeped zero straight off...he doesn't drink and his drug swab has been sent away and that will come back negative as he despises drugs..it was the other drivers first day back today as well...just relieved he is o.k and the other driver of course

need to pop out and get some more bits for decorating...oh and some exfolitating shampoo as i am using soooo many products to keep my hair in good condition i want to make sure my scalp is looked after too, hope superdrug have it in stock as it is vegan