UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

we have frost here, the sun is shining so it looks really warm when you are inside, i was like a block of ice yesterday as i just went out in a jumper and a think jacket...as you do! need to nip round to the bus stop later to take Steve his lunch, of course i will be dressed very pretty to annoy him Lol

Awwwww Nigel, i remember those days very well with Diesel, 30 mins for a 5 minute walk with a young dog, still, it does them good a little bit of a sniff and a potter

just waiting for the second of steves birthday pressies that are due to be delivered, just had to wrap a storm trooper rug...that was an experience!! this next parcel should be a lot easier to wrap, it's a gaming mouse ....he is such a geek!

Bright and sunny here too. Biting cold wind though. Wee Nick is such a wimp when it comes to icy winds. We were heading for the beach this morning but as we got near it the wind got a bit 'bracing' so he detoured to the park where it was a bit more sheltered. Still had a lovely walk though.

Had to have a housework afternoon when we got back though :mad:

got a 13yr old yorkie coming sunday, just to be safe then get a permanent foster and 2 8yr old shih tzus coming at some point whos owner has died. the other rescue that brought cake will have to wait as I messaged them, they read it but didn't answer so they had their chance

Cold here too, but since I spent most of the day at the hospital I didn't really notice it! Blood clinic at 11.20, that took ages, then I had a scan at 2.30. I hadn't realised it was one where you have an injection of dye so you have to wait in the department for 30 minutes afterwards to make sure you don't have a bad reaction, but we had a laugh in the waiting room as the tv was showing a funeral, just the thing to watch when you're having checks to see if you've got something terminal! We were coming out with suggestions for the last music at the funeral, I said Philip wants Come on Baby Light my Fire, which collapsed everyone..we got some very odd looks from passing staff!

Poor Cliffy, it's sad to see them getting old and slow. I can't imagine Candy ever being anything but jet propelled, but no doubt the day will come.

Yes "grave" humour is the best I agree. I'm not having a funeral but if I was I'd want a self-penned poem read out at the crem entitled "Is It Hot In Here Or Is It Just Me?". My step-mother had "Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye" at her funeral. She'd wanted a mechanical arm rigged up on the top of her coffin to wave back but the family couldn't source one in time. One of my brothers, who was a bearer, was dressed in an Hawaiian shirt, board shorts, flips flops and a snorkel and mask as his mum had a bet on with him that he wouldn't dare turn up at her funeral dressed like that. It made everyone giggle when he did!

I can remember us saying we couldn't imagine Archie being old. Well we can now. He started visibly ageing after he turned 13. I get quite sad when I see him trying to jump up on things and his back legs don't cooperate. He used to do everything at a 101 miles-per-hour. However I lost George just after he turned 13 but Archie is almost 2 years past that so I'm thankful for that.

Not too cold here and the sky is blue and the sun is out. Tomorrow is supposed to be a cold 'un though so we'll see what happens.

I know what you mean about Archie, Yantan. We were the same when Dylan struggled to do things he used to do with ease.

We get quite a variety of birds coming to our feeders, but yesterday and today we had new visitors, two pure white doves and one white with a little grey waistcoat, all were ringed. I don't know anyone around here who keeps fancy doves..there are racing pigeons on the allotments, but no doves so I'm not sure where these have come from! I rather like them, pretty little things.

My auntie had "Wish me luck" also. I have given instructions that I am to have no funeral service whatsoever, which is perfectly legal.

Very hectic week on the dog front, just letting the dust settle. I was in for a chilly few hours taking my turn on a trap watch tomorrow, but the dog in question has just been honey trapped by a collie bitch after 6 days on the run. Great relief for the team.

Wispa is going white round the chops but I did not realise until I saw a pic of her 5 years ago.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Cold but very beautiful here today with brilliant blue skies and sun.

I've provided the garden birds with extra suet balls and logs today. We get 6 collared doves calling daily. They are sweet little birds and they seem to get on better together than any of the other groups who are always squabbling.

I'm glad I am not alone on not wanting a funeral. I think it's just a blooming rip-off.

Archie used to be mainly black with tan and blonde legs, chops and eyebrows but the tan has mostly faded into the blonde and it's all turned white. It's quite a shock when you see photos of him as a young man compared to now.

• Like 1