UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils All Antics

Jazz

Suzeanna I believe that the Peak District is the most visited national park so it's even busier than here! I sympathise over the "oh look a ...." crowd. It's something I am very well acquainted with. If you want to visit up here the quieter time is January after new year and into early February but it never really gets quiet like it used to when we had a start and finish to the tourist season. It's all year round now. Early May (after the first bank holiday) is usually not so crowded and the weather can be grand. November tends to be quite busy as people come for pre Christmas breaks and/or some winter walking experience. September is nice, though it's pretty busy, but it tends to be a nicer crowd - retired folk who can actually manage to smile, talk quietly, close gates and acknowledge and respect the locals. If ever you decide to come please feel free to bend my ear on the area for tips on whatever.

Oh in case anyone is at a loose end this weekend - Ancestry is giving free access Fri to Mon. England and Wales records are open and a real bonus for free access - Commonwealth records are included. So if you had, or think you had, rellies in places like Australia, Canada etc. you can now find out for free.

Shattered but happy. A rescue dog in foster who went awol in Dronfield last November and was running around for months has just rocked up near Wellingborough. He settled into a territory formerly occupied by another missing dog of the same colour who went feral. So people were watching out for that dog, and noticed this one. A local rescue tried for ages to trap him, and then he went into a basketball court and was contained there. He is now safe with my friend Chrissie, recuperating.

keeping busy, ggooddddd lol

we, Frankie is a darling, just got to learn to toilet outside and sleep at night. she should be called tigger! corrrr doesn't want to just sleep with you, she wants to sleep across my face, not good for breathing, so got her lying next to me. she was ok for so long then off to find a chew. I let her out 3 times and she still weed indoors twice. she will be ok once shes settled

I am pleased to see you posting Owl. We missed you :flowers: Wow that was a long time for that dog to be AWOL. I'm very glad he got caught.

Jazz I never thought you were a drinker. I know that there is a non-alcoholic form of cirrhosis. I hope Frankie settles with the toilet situation. You don't think she's got an infection of some sort do you as she went rather a lot overnight?

Still grey and overcast here but at least it's fine - so far!

• Like 1

im wondering if she has a bit of infection, or cystitis, so am giving her cranberry sauce to get an idea. she seems to do a little wee each time, which is good when its indoors. the last fosterer said she was like this for a few days when she got her.

it annoys me so much that ive got so much wrong with me, 2 is lung and liver, and I don't smoke or drink.