UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils All Antics

Jazz

We've gone quiet in here :worried_anim:

I had Archie at the vets yesterday as his leg is still troubling him. We saw a senior vet who really gave the leg a good going over. Archie still has a good range of movement and the only bit the vet got a reaction from was the hip. Given Arch is 14 next month the vet doesn't want to do an x-ray because of the anaesthesia unless things don't improve. Meanwhile he can only have 10 minutes walks comprising of 5 minutes of off-lead and 5 minutes on-lead for a while.

I've found another use for the sheep's wool mats from the Hello Fresh box. The birds love it for nest building! Yesterday I draped a mat over the stones sitting in the garden waiting to be turned into a wall and there's only about a 1/3rd of it left this morning.

Ok so is everyone else well? How are doctors and hospital appointments going? Are all pets OK?

Yantan, have you seen https://www.streamz-global.com/dog-streamz/ several people n dogpages have bought them and have had good results.

We are not doing much at the moment. My sciatica has been very stubborn and after 8 weeks is only easing off now.

JIm is slowly recovering from his surgery but is still weak and tired. So we are just moseying along.

I did manage a trip to agility last night which I enjoyed despite not being able to run round the course and surprisingly i am none the worse for it this morning.

Excitement for today is delivery of a 'new 'dyson. The motor in the one we have is beginning to smell so we have ordered a reconditioned one as a replacement. With two hairy mutts in the house not having a working vacuum is not good.

awww poor Archie, i want one of those collars..just need to win the lottery Lol

Blackmagic, pleased Jim is doing o.k...massive op for him to recover from so slow and steady the best way

We are all o.k...well i am just...me! very up and down but that's just me at the moment Lol. Dogs...well, what can i say? the dogs are just the dogs...naughtiness encapsulated in staffy bodies Lol and Dex is still here, 19 now and ruling the roost with a paw of iron, i am slave to his every whim

I've been to have the seroma drained for the third time, this morning was half the amount of the previous two so hope it will keep going down. Got my appointment to see theveryone oncology main man on the 4th may, off with Philip to the Hallamshire tomorrow for his preoperative appointment for his cataract op. My daughter and her OH are having candy for the morning for us.

Glad your sciatica is easing at last black magic and hope Jim makes good progress with his recovery.

Think I'll have to get fake tan as I'm meant to keep my arm out of the sun.

blackmagic thanks for that link. Very interesting! It does say not to use if the dog has a heart complaint and as The Archibald has a heart murmur I'll have to do a little bit of research before spending that sort of dosh. I hope the Dyson performs well when it arrives but watch that sciatica and don't be overdoing it - both of you!

Go Dex! :cheer:

Jazz I hope your vet will find a cheaper way to treat Merlin's itchy skin. Do you have him insured and if so would his meds not be covered?

Archie's had a walk to the post box and back which took care of his 5 minute on lead rule and then had 5 minutes off lead in the back lane where he met his little friend, Toby, an irascible little dachshund cross, who was visiting his grandma. Toby isn't very good with other dogs but he gets on with Archie.

Suzeanna hopefully your right about the seroma and good luck to Philip for tomorrow.

Suzeanna, hope things go well for Phillip tomorrow and fingers crossed the seroma fluid keeps decreasing.Lol...i am not supposed to go in the sun at all, to begin with i stuck to it but the dogs and cat like being out there so i go too...i put factor 50 on though...i will report back on my findings of this fake tan, palmers cocoa is good...they do a fake tan, i prefer my spray but i have to stand in the back garden spraying myself in view of the neighbours Lol plus i need a new spray machine...this mousse is good as you can wash it off after 60 minutes, it dries quickly and a little goes a very very long way

Funny isn't it Yantan how some dogs who are not good with others just take a shine to certain dogs, i can remember being in the vets and a lady came in with her gsd, he was no good with dogs..nor was my laney, do you know, those two dogs sat side by side having a sniff of one another and a bit of a play...bizarre!!

Skinny tan from Superdrug is good. I used their gradual tanner in the run up to my brother's wedding. No streaks and not orange :) I have a natural tan courtesy of Cape Verde at the moment though, so no need to use anything :biggrin:

Hope everyone is ok :)

Quick lady related question (if people don't mind) I had my smear test 3 weeks ago and since then I've had spotting and felt a bit time of the monthy. The smear itself was fine, but am just a bit concerned about the spotting. I don't get periods because of the pill I take (but very rarely get a bit of spotting). Do you reckon that's a coincidence or do you think I should see the doctor? I've also not had the results of my smear yet, so I might ring the doctors tomorrow to chase them (as they said I would have them within 2 weeks)

Jayne, in all honesty...most likely nothing to worry about but like Suzeanna says, better safe than sorry...can't take chances with your health!!

Also I am tres jealous of your tan!!

Edited by griff

best to ask them x

off to see my friend I haven't seen for 2 years due to not driving. lewis is taking me. she lost her 18yr old retriever this week, so ive made flapjacks for her lonely Labrador. these have tasted them and approve

love to all xxx