UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils All Antics

Jazz

Jazz, life is damn sh*t and doesn't treat people fairly at all...seems to me that scumbags do great in life and decent folk suffer

Owl, lovely to see you

Think i am going to have to take steve to small claims court to get my money back...his phone hasn't been on for 2 weeks now, i can only assume he has changed his number, he won't answer his landline either...all i wanted to do was help a dog out and stop her from being stuck holding on for a wee with no break for 10-12 hours a day and now i am stuck in a nightmare. I have told him to do a standing order so we don't have to deal with each other...he refuses point blank, i have asked about 15 times now, offered to give bank details so he can set it up...nothing! he just said he would pay me. i have the transactions of 2 cash withdrawals showing on my bank account...but obviously not what for, i also have the text messages asking how much he could afford to pay back..so that shows it was a loan and not a gift, i have backed up all my whatsapp conversations online and will create a copy of my text messages with him...unlike him, i have never deleted messages Lol

Well if it's any consolation Griff I am out a few thousand pounds to a so called "good friend" who reneged on her debts. I only later found her she'd lived her whole adult life borrowing money here and there without repaying it as well as failing to pay bills, failing in various businesses and being made bankrupt. You live and learn! I hope you have enough evidence to get your money back thro the small claims court. It sounds like you have it covered! Good luck :flowers:

Jazz enjoy your Muppet marathon.

Jayne hope your gas man turns up and all goes well. I hate knowing I HAVE to wait in for people. It makes me all edgy.

edited to make sense. Failed! Quoted myself instead. I hope I have now rectified it. If not then someone should let the Home For The Terminally Stupid and Bewildered that I may need a room sooner rather than later.

Edited by Yantan

They do say you should never lend money you canto afford to lose, but it's a bit late for you Griff! Is he still working? I'd be tempted to write to him and say if he doesn't pay up you are going to his boss to ask that they deduct money from his wages to pay you direct. I don't know if you can but it might scare him into paying up.

Yantan,apparently we are looking at Northumberland now. Quiet beaches and not too many people (also ruddy cold!) but if we do head your way I'll ask your advice.

It's my twin grandchildren's 3Rd birthday tomorrow, hopefully we can Skype. Going to my daughter for dinner on Sunday. Miserable weather here, cold and wet.

Suzeanna, he is still employed but as to whether he is actually at work?? who knows..i could afford to lose the money i guess, if he doesn't pay it back he won't have that lovely car though! Oh, the company he works for wouldn't help me, he works for national express (travel coventry)..he will have gone in and said he was having trouble with a woman passenger and instead of them querying what he had done to warrant it they will just put him on a different route

Awww have a lovely weekend Suzeanna

My brother will be arriving shortly

Gas man arrived at about 2.30 :) He serviced the boiler and was gone after about 40 minutes. He asked to see the gas meter which was at the back of one of my cupboards of crap, so after he left I've sorted that out :rolleyes:

Hope you can get your money sorted Griff. I lent £50 to a girl I used to work with about 10 years ago. Never saw it again. I wrote her letters etc and she ignored them. I lent it to her and left the practice about 6 weeks later, so I couldn't chase it (as the practice was 60 miles from home!). Just chalked it up to a bad experience.

Suzeanne I used to live in Bamburgh! LOL! The three pubs were know as The Top, The Middle and The Bottom. It is a lovely little village as is Belford and the area around there. Seahouses is a lovely port but the town is a bit more like your typical seaside resort with rock and kiss me quick hats. Not so bad out of season but not somewhere I liked to be in the summer - too crowded. The Northumberland beaches ARE fabulous. My favourite was at Beadnell Bay. I hope you get to Skype with the little 'uns tomorrow.

I don't know how people who borrow money/things and never pay or give back live with themselves. I could never let someone down like that.