UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

I think if you leave your body to science then they pay for a funeral afterwards.

I've left the next bit as whiteout in case it would upset anyone. If you want to read it then just highlight it.

:ph34r_anim: This was the case with a great uncle of mine many years ago. Mind you the funeral wasn't until about 3 years after he died because they waited until the medical students and path labs had finished with all 'the samples'. At his request he had a small private non religious funeral with only his wife, son and grandkids there. :ph34r_anim:

Suzeanna is awake and posting on Facebook. But on morphine so may not stay awake long enough to post on here.

Thanks for your good thoughts. We are feeling a bit better. Fatalities happen in our work, it was just a run of them so close together which got to us.

Awww thanks for letting us know Owl....please send her my best

Yantan, i tried to leave my body to medical science...nobody wanted me and the one place who would accept me...welll!!! i had to not die at certain times and would have had to pay transportation costs to london...i am skint alive so quite how i would cover that deceased i have no clue Lol

Haha Griff. I have this vision of someone putting stamps on your bum and trying to send you by ParcelForce. I'm bad.

So glad to hear Suzeanna is home. If anyone is in touch with her please pass on my best wishes :flowers:

It's a lovely day here. My friend in Connecticut is hunkered down in expectation of up to 24 inches of snow falling from the skies today.

• Like 1

Suzeanna is home.

My, that was quick. You don't get to linger in hospital these days.

Our local maternity ward only operates 8am - 5p.pm New mums are discharged 4 hours after the birth.

When I had my first you were in for 7 days after the birth. The nurses used to say 'make the most of it. You wonlt get ant rest when you go home.'

Changed days.

We have strong winds, horizontal rain and sunshine- all mixed together.

My father -in -law donated his body to medical science. The family held a memorial service in place of a funeral. I assume the medical people cremated the remains as we never heard anything.

I had read that they contacted the family when they were finished and they had to organise and pay for a funeral . but it didn't happen in our case.

Hi, I'm here! Still not feeling exactly with it, as I spent most of last night wide awake, just couldn't get comfortable. I was lucky to get out so soon, I had to have an anticoagulant injection in my stomach, then two more scheduled for today and tomorrow. My surgeon obviously read my look of horror rather well, and said if I could do it myself or my OH could, so long as I didn't have a bad reaction to the first one, I could go home. I didn't, and I went! One of the breast care nurses phoned this morning to see how I was and a district nurse came in at about 4 to change the dressings. She said everything looks fine, and we can do any more ourselves. I'm afraid this is one of those things that will get worse before it gets better...pain to be expected for weeks if not months (oh good!) so although I'm ok on paracetamol at present, if I have to resort to morphine I probably won't be around much. One odd thing, as the lymph no longer isn't draining from my armpit as the nodes have been hoicked out, you can feel and hear the fluid sloshing around when I move my arm! I have exercises to do every hour to keep my shoulder moving, managing them at the moment, but apparently the fluid will harden and get painful which makes them more difficult. Jan..the lady who had Rosie that sad night...came over earlier with a lovely bunch of flowers and a get well card, and said she'll walk Candy any time, just ask, which is one problem solved as Philip is back to work tomorrow.

Speaking of Philip, he phoned the Hallamshire today to ask if they could give him a rough idea of when he might get his eye done and they said May or June. Hmm. Might have to look elsewhere.