UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

Aw I am sorry to hear that Owl. Thinking of you and Wispa and hoping your next lot of tracking brings positive results :flowers:

Archie gets to go on an on-lead walk tomorrow. He's going to be so excited. No sign of a limp for days now. His turmeric paste came the other day but I've been holding off giving him any whilst he's on the painkiller from the vets. Can you mix them or not - does anyone know?

What medication is he on, Yantan? I will check on the facebook group for you.

It s okay with Metacam.

I forgot that I have sad news. Lucy the 3 legged trailie, who some of you may remember, died at the end of last month due to liver failure. She got to 13 which wasn't bad considering the first vet her racing mum saw wanted to put Lucy to sleep after her on-trail accident when she was less than a year old.

To her racing owner's credit she refused to accept that first vet's decision and took Lucy to another vet who amputed her leg and saved her life. I went to collect her from her racing home with my old neighbour and friend, Dorothy, who fostered Lucy and trained her, with a little help & input from me, to recall and all that sort of stuff. Lucy went onto to find her furever sofa down in Norfolk where I was able to visit her a number of times. She took up agility with her new mum and I went to Sandringham to see her compete in an agility event where she competed against 4 legged dogs.

I expect that my George met her at the Bridge and showed her where the "all you can eat" buffet was and that they've been happily troughing together ever since!

Good luck Suzeanne. We are with you! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thank you blackmagic :flowers: Archie is on Loxicom

Good luck Suzeanne. We are with you! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thank you blackmagic :flowers: Archie is on Loxicom

Loxicim is the same as Metacam.

Start the GP with 1/8 tsps twice a day with food After 5 days you can increase to 1/4 tsps twice a day. Again you can increase after 5 days. You can increase until you get results.

full details on the website http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-for-dogs/how-to-feed-turmeric-for-dogs/

Murphy now gets 1/2 tsps in the morning and 1 tsps at dinner time.

I have just increased Cleo to 1 tsp each time as she was limping slightly last week.

Some people give it three times a day but it must be given with some food as it needs the gastric juices to work.

Murphy eats it no bother but Cleo is very suspicious of anything different so hers has to be very well mixed in. Fortunately, she is fed raw minces so easy to do.

A friend who feeds kibble mixes her dog's GP with some yoghurt which she feeds at the side of the dish in case her dog doesn't eat her dinner with it in.

Thank you blackmagic - much appreciated :flowers: :flowers:

I am in the process of re-doing my will and if I haven't managed to spend it all (I'm seriously gonna try!) I want the remainder of my estate to go to an animal charity or charities. The problem I have is that if I leave it to one of the big organisations then it's likely to get swallowed up by their bureaucracy and do very little to nothing to improve the daily lives of the animals.

However if I chose a little struggling animal charity there's no guarantee that they will still be operating when I kick the bucket.

What to do, what to do??

how about you make a list of smaller rescues/charities and put them in order of your most favourite or first choice for the money, i would hope that if you say listed 5/6 one of them should still be operating..so you put down a rescue at one, it is closed down so the next on the list gets the chance, if that's shut down then you go to the next until one that is still operating gets the dosh

They know that I don't want a funeral, nor a coffin. Just taken straight to the crem. No fuss, no bother. The solicitor has told me that I should formalise it by leaving a letter of wishes with my will that the family can follow. We've made arrangements for Archie should we both go before him. He's going to good friends who love him as much as we do and I know they will do their utmost to look after him because that's just the sort of people they are.

My half share in the house will be my most valuable asset but neither of us would balk at selling it to go into a cheaper property outside the national park, or even a rental, so we could spend as much dosh as possible having a good time in retirement. I just want anything that's left to go to animal welfare.

I was so worried about my health last year, I gave the boys my savings, to pay for my funeral, but ive told them I want as cheap as possible, just take me to the woods and bury me. Can I just be taken to the crem? how much is that? that will do me

jazz, you don't legally need a funeral...you wouldn't need embalming either if you aren't fussed, you would most likely need to pay the undertaker for storage and transport of the body, fee for cremation and that should be that...oh and a coffin if you have one