UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

oh dear Jazz, lets hope it is fixed quickly and easily

Lol Suzeanna, predicitive text is great for saving time but it can be a nightmare...especially if i have had a drink...i don't make much sense at the best of times but add alcohol and predicitve text and i do shock myself when i read texts back Lol

Thanks for checking in blackmagic. I was wondering how things were going for you and Jim.

I took Archie around the park this morning and the limp is back but he was his normal, happy, perky, tail wagging self and greeted other dogs very cheerfully. It is awful when they get old. It's come on him rather suddenly.

We've decided that it's not fair to leave him behind when we go on holiday this year. Our DW will have the baby come May and although she says she is happy to have him stay I think a baby in the mix might be too much for Archie. So, if we go, we'll just rent a holiday place, hopefully near a beach, and base our holiday around him and what he can manage.

Oh predictive text is the worst. I have sent some clangers myself,

How are you doing today Griff?

I am O.k thanks Marion, my hair is doing my head in as i am growing it out and can't do a damn thing with it so i look scruffy...which is not me and rough as hell!!! Lol..well rougher than usual Lol

Poor Archie, we got a dog buggy for diesel, she hated it and the only time she stopped whinging was when i went really fast Lol the cat however, he loves it.

• Like 1

I got a buggy for Trudy the yorkie, she loved it. it was pink, very cute. they have come down in price so much. my friend got one off ebay for £30, loads of colours to choose from.

5 times ive rung virgin about this ruddy mobile. trying to find a battery for it, they don't exist, even LG doesn't sell them. amazingly, this call, they have them in stock and will send it. 3rd time they have said this so wont hold my breathe

My Georgie Porgie would have taken to a buggy I reckon but Archie wouldn't care for one - well not yet anyway!

I nearly wee'd at Diesel only liking hers when you went really fast! :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

It's good to hear they've come down in price Jazz. I 'spect there are a lot of 2nd hands ones being sold too.

JIm has now had all his tubes removed and has been moved out of high dependency onto the ward so all is looking good.

Just to get him walking now.

Murphy was insured wIth tesco at a little over £20. His renewal in March was forty odd pounds- with no claims.

We decided not to insure again as he has not had anything that has cost more than the excess or was ongoing but last week I had second thoughtS. i followed your example Yantan, and went with Morethan for £20.

I have looked up piriformis syndrome and it sounds exactly what I have. What exercise did you find helped, Suzeanna? There are various ones on youtube.

• Like 1

Fantastic news for Jim Blackmagic...soon be back home with you!!

I swear Yantan that dog would have had me running round the west mids full pelt with her in the buggy, being disabled it was damn hard and a couple of the local lads saw me going down a hill with a massive bright red face...the one and only time i ever did it, she nearly killed me! mine is a 3 wheel all terrain one with suspension etc...just sat in the loft now

Lets hope they send you the battery out then Jazz

I'm glad you managed to get cheaper cover with Morethan blackmagic. Archie's premium has gone up by £10 over the last 3 years which isn't bad and, given that he's coming up to 14, it's still a lot cheaper than many others with the same range of cover.

It's sod's law if you cancel any sort of insurance you find it you need it shortly thereafter! Our DW didn't cancel her dog insurance, she just overlooked it's renewal, but sure enough she got stuck for a large bill when her dog became ill only days after the renewal date had passed. She's been kicking herself ever since.

edited to say that the insurance premium has gone up by £10 per month not year! I wish!

Edited by Yantan

I used the basic stretch blackmagic. Lie down with your legs straight. Put your bad leg over the other one with your foot next to your knee. Then slowly bend your good leg up and link your hands under your knee to stretch the thigh/buttock muscle of your bad leg. It needs doing several times a day. I felt an improvement day by day.

I used the basic stretch blackmagic. Lie down with your legs straight. Put your bad leg over the other one with your foot next to your knee. Then slowly bend your good leg up and link your hands under your knee to stretch the thigh/buttock muscle of your bad leg. It needs doing several times a day. I felt an improvement day by day.

I'm glad you managed to get cheaper cover with Morethan blackmagic. Archie's premium has gone up by £10 over the last 3 years which isn't bad and, given that he's coming up to 14, it's still a lot cheaper than many others with the same range of cover.

It's sod's law if you cancel any sort of insurance you find it you need it shortly thereafter! Our DW didn't cancel her dog insurance, she just overlooked it's renewal, but sure enough she got stuck for a large bill when her dog became ill only days after the renewal date had passed. She's been kicking herself ever since.

edited to say that the insurance premium has gone up by £10 per month not year! I wish!

That is still better than tesco's £16 per month jump in one year.

Yes, murphy has been healthy but you never know what will happen in old age and these problems tend to be chronic and expensive .like kidney disease.When Hovis developed Diabetes Insipidus his medication was £80 per month and the dosage was needing increased when he had a torsion and ha to be PTS when they found metastic tumours in his lungs.

You've made your point!!!

Ruddy phone again?

Better than tesco's £16 per month in one year.

I got a £20 quote on the internet for a new policy but felt why should give them my business when they would just increase it again next year and I may not be able to change so easily.

Pet insurance really is a mine field.