UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

Sorry to hear about Jim :GroupHug:

I think Angela would have owned up - she is a pretty genuine and was mortified that she had hit my car. Hope the bloke does a good job of sorting him out.

Sorry Archie is still feeling poorly - maybe the golden paste is upsetting his heartburn/reflux :unsure:

Ted has now got some wheels to help him get around. He's not too sure what to make of them, but if it helps him go out for walks and keep going for a bit longer, we'll try them. I saw a little dog on the super vet on wheels, he was able to go out for walks and was pretty happy, so I hope Ted will be the same once he gets used to them.

Jayne, my mates gsd had wheels and she loved them when used to them...god could she fly around lol. Did you get any packing done?? Lol

Yantan, it is hard to accept that Archie can't do the distance he used to but I am sure when ruby realises shorter walks make for a happier Archie she won't take him as far.

Sorry to read your news about Jim Blackmagic it must be a heck of a stressful and exhausting time for you both. :GroupHug:

I switched Baddie to previcox about 3 weeks ago Marion he just wasn't getting on with the tramadol and metacam he'd started refusing food and just laying on his bed groaning - given he's an eating machine to see him refuse food was really concerning and I was pretty sure it had to be a sore tummy from the meds. Vet was happy to go along with my suggestion but we first had to give him a full 7 days with no medication so it all cleared his system before starting with the new stuff - during those 7 days he became awfully stiff but his appetite came back almost immediately which at least to me proved my theory since being on the previcox he's been much better he just seems a lot easier when getting up and down and his appetite is staying good he's also stretching out more when sleeping and just seems a lot more relaxed and comfortable, still the odd groan now and again but thats a bit like me these days too lol.

• Like 1

That's interesting Snow - thank you :flowers: I hope Baddie is soon back to his normal self :flowers:

We decided to keep Archie home today as it's raining and not stopped once so far today. No point taking him out to get wet and muddy and cold. He's happier today and hasn't bothered us once to go for his walk bless him.

That sounds a nightmare for you and Jim blackmagic. How long will he be in hospital? Is there anywhere closer you could stay for the duration to save all the travelling?

A Baddie with no appetite must be a sad sight Snow, hope he's soon better, and glad Archie isn't bothered about missing his walk, Yantan.

I managed to trip on the rug in the comp room earlier, picking up a box (not a heavy one, before anyone says anything!) and fell against a chair. Unfortunately a chair will wheels which promptly rolled away and deposited me on the floor, sods law on my operated side. I've got some bruises on the knuckles of my other hand, but the dodgy one seems ok. So far.

Suzeanna...i am going to tell you off...you shouldn't be lifting ANYTHING !!!!! Sit down and recover before you break yourself properly please...thankyou

Awww poor Baddie, I think tramadol can affect dogs badly..making them feel sick, hallucinations etc. Pleased he seems better, does he have a magnetic collar? I bought a couple from amazon amazing rreviews, about £15 so not bad if it was crap but really helped Kota

Pleased Archie didn't miss his walk...much better to stay in the warm and keep dry

I hope you are okay, Suzeanna. you must look after yourself.to let things heal.

I hope Baddie can feel better. It is sad when they get old. Murphy is 2 now but is the fittest 12 year old i have had. he was holding his paw up this morning and when i touched the pads he squealed and tried to bite me. He has never done anything like that before so it must have been really sore.

I gave him some metacam and he is putting weight on it this evening so it must be feeling better.

Jim was feeling much better today and is speaking quite strongly and positively. He was counting how many days since his op and when he would get home so is obviously feeling better. We were told 10 days for open surgery.

He has been moved to high dependency and they have gradually removed the various tubes he was connected to. He just has his morphine pump now instead of three painkillers but he is still in a a lot of pain if he moves. He has a massive bruise of either side of his wound. I presume that is where the clamps were that hold the wound open.

next stage is on to the ward before getting home.

he has been up to sit in a chair for a few hours and said they were talking about getting him walking as few steps.

His BP is still erratic. IF he lies still is it down but s soon s he moves it shoots up. This is despite the fact that he is back on the tablets that are supposed to reduce it. He was taking nearly twice the normal dose before his op and it was still erratic and too high.

They don't seem to have come across this before and are stumped.

They do think ti will normalise when the adrenal gland is dealt with but that will not be for 3 months. What happens until then we don't know.

he now has his Ipad working so can keep in touch by email which helps as he is not allowed to use mobile phone.

I have had sciatica for 6 weeks and am fed up with it now. I am taking ibuprofen and paracetamol but it is not getting any better. I am supposed to be being referred to the physio.

Blackmail, look up pitiformis syndrome and see if you have the symptoms. I had it and did an exercise I found online and sorted it without having to go to a physio. Hope Jim soon gets home.

Piriformis, finger slipped!

Edited by suzeanna