UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Salutary Sayings

Yantan

Upton on Severn is lovely. We went to the Morris Dance festival there many years ago.

Yesterday we went to Cannock Chase which is 89 miles away, met up with our tracking partners, did 2 1/2 hrs tracking and then drove back. Today we are mostly going to be doing nothing. I am more tired than Wispa as I had to drive, plus she got to go under fences where I had to climb over. But well worth it, as the dog was sighted this morning in the area we suggested. Owners were convinced he had been stolen. I had never been to Cannock before.

• Like 1

Suzeanna, chuckit ultra balls

https://fetch.co.uk/chuckit-ultra-ball-medium-6-5cm-2-per-pack-207775011?gclid=CMXdsqTYos8CFVQo0wodNbACsg

my 2 have them, i got one for Steves dog too, all love them and if they get punctured they don't go flat....really bouncy too

They sound great Griff, thanks. I see on the reviews someone says their cocker hasn't destroyed this one, so obviously they are all good at it!

Well, I'm impressed! I ordered a waterproof light coat for Candy from Zooplus, a German company. We've had a mega big hamster cage from them in the past which arrived very quickly and was a great price...anyway this coat turns out to be far too big. I phoned the company customer service to say so and how do I return it, she said that's alright Madam, we will refund your money and you can give the coat to charity or something. You don't want it back? no, we can take the cost. You could have knocked me down with a feather!

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Zooplus did that to me before Suzeanna...they are a good company, i had a problem with them and delivery once but other than that...great

Lol...the balls are fab, they do get a bit slimy with dog gob though Lol

saw my consultant yesterday, had a good old chat, got a bit of a telling off but on the whole o.k, i did ask if i would ever be off treatment and his face said it all...he said let him try to get me stable and then he would see, i have been on treatment 4 years now so i am not likely to get stable, i won't ask him again as i don't think he likes telling me no Lol

Hope you have a safe journey back Sam and Grandma Squirrel makes a swift recovery.

Griff, I know it's a pain in all senses of the word to think you need continuous treatment, but better that than to be told there's nothing they can do for you. Hopefully someone somewhere is doing research that WILL lead to a cure and you'll be able to stop the treatment.

I don't think it had had dawned on my husband until last night that my blood condition is a rare blood cancer. They were talking on local tv about the fact that blood cancer is the third biggest killer but a lot of people don't even know what it is. I'll never be able to stop taking the chemo drugs unfortunately and my last check up showed my platelet count has gone up so I've got to go back in two months instead of three, hope they don't put the dose up again as it puts the side effects up too.

Edited by suzeanna

Awww, hoping grandma Squirrel will be o.k. I love the NHS, they ar fab, have saved my life this far...well with a little private help for scans quicker but my consultants and my gp have been so very very good

Suzeanna, it is amazing how people don't realise...i am lucky in the fact that i don't look ill...at all, it does lead to peope questioning if i am sick or not and Steve doesn't grasp how sick i am, yes he knows i have chemo and a cocktail of drugs every day and knows that some days i will not be able to get up or i may have a stroke heart attack etc and he would need to deal with that if it happened but he doesn't seem to understand that even something as simple as a flight of stairs can leave me absolutely knacered and gasping for breath

I bet you play it down though Griff, you don't strike me as the poor me, see how ill I am type.

You're all going to think I've lost my marbles, unless you believe in paranormal things. Some while ago at an agricultural fair there were dowsers, inviting people to see if the rods worked for them. Didn't for everyone I saw but when I picked them up they did with a vengeance. I've since found that if I put my wedding ring on a chain and ask questions that require a yes or no, it moves in a circle in the relevant way. I asked when my son's wife was pregnant was she having a boy? yes. A girl? yes. Oh, what rubbish it doesn't work at all I thought, that was before they found it was twins, one of each. Anyway, I just tried asking were Dylan and Rosie's spirits still existing somewhere? yes, very strongly. Did they approve of us getting Candy? Another strong yes. I then asked would we ever win a big amount on the Lottery and got an equally strong No! Oh well, you can't win em all. Incidentally, when we found Rosie's heart trouble had got worse I said would she be alive at Christmas and got a no, and that was at a time when the vet was very happy with her treatment and assured us we'd have her for years yet.