UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

I'm lucky with my hair as it still has it's natural colour albeit with lots of grey hair mixed in. It just means the flame red is now tamed to a sandy colour and I'm happy with that.

However I know what you mean Owl and agree with your aunt about people's assumptions about you made on hair colour and or age. I find myself being increasingly talked down too by younger people. And they all assume I have no idea how technology works and yet I got my first computer in 1985, first mobile phone in 1993, have been on the internet since 1996, have a PC, tablet and have an iPhone and android phone now but because of my age I cannot possibly know how it all works!

No Suzeanna, I hadn't seen those. Will get some and experiment.

I was foolish enough to politely point out to someone that she was misinformed on a certain matter. She said that anyone can set up as a chiropodist as all they do is trim nails and deal with corns. A podiatrist, on the other hand, is trained in foot anatomy and diseases of the foot and understands the mechanics of weight bearing. I politely said that I trained as a chiropodist just before all the courses and qualifications were renamed with the term podiatry instead of chiropody, and I did extensive training in foot anatomy, diseases and weight bearing. Two young women were very annoyed, told me I was wrong as they have a friend who was a podiatrist and that is what she says. Er, excuse me, I did the training, ok? They looked at me blankly and told me I can't have done. Would have taken it further but this was during tea and biscuits after church so had to back down and slink off to avoid an inappropriate row.

It's not just that. It's strangers talking to me in the special voice considered appropriate for sweet old ladies, and it's always when I am dressed in nice clothes. Must get back to the crew cut, possibly a blue one, and stick to denims. Would like to try the Goth look, but you can't pull it off with an outdoor complexion.

Moaning :tired:

Those poor dogs Marion :(

If anybody shops at Laura Ashley, they've got a sale on at the moment - 30% off all Home plus 10% extra and if you enter a voucher code at checkout you will get an extra 10% off :)

Forgot to say, you can click on this link and I believe it automatically takes 10% off :) I think it only works for new customers, ie with a new email ;)

Edited by merledogs

Oooh don't tempt me Alex! I'm trying to save for Copenhagen in December but I keep buying stuff I don't need, donating to animal charities or lending money to poor Africans (legit scheme not an email scam!)

Archie and I went down to the park at 7.00am to avoid the bank holiday crowds. It was lovely and quiet and we just met a couple of locals also walking their dogs early for the same reason.

Just had a bacon buttie as a treat and a nice coffee from my machine. I am going to hit the shower next and then spend the last free access day on Ancestry trying to tie some lines down.

I hope everyone has a nice day :flowers:

harry hurt himself last night, hes using his leg gently today, so hes on cage rest and see how he is, if still not right tomorrow ill take him to the vet. hes eating and using his litter box ok

dog walkers are due. the dogs know

Oh dear, hope Harry's leg will be o.k

Mum and dad are due back from ireland this evening, i was asked to go with them next time but i won't leave the dogs in kennels or the cat in a cattery.....i might just venture over on my own for a weekend...one day, if i could ever afford it and actually felt well enough Lol

don't think i said the other day, i got the results back from my holter monitor, i do have a bit of a problem...not what i was expecting but it is giving off significant amounts of ectopic beats, i did also confess about my chest pains and was instructed nothing strenuous, she is getting in touch with my consultant to see where we go from here...i am none to concerned, just glad i didn't waste her time or the nhs resources

off for lunch tomorrow, need my mums opinion on which top to wear, i am going in my skinny black jeans rolled up and i have a white oakley tshirt with writing...a nice pretty 3/4 sleeve top with chiffon blouse bottom or a nice colour panel top...not sure which to go with