UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

I'm here Jazz (with no life lol). Spending my time tending to Ashley who is being a very wobbly patient, if my hand isn't on her she is crying :( I'm suffering agrophobia by proxy lol. Thank goodness that I have a balcony on the flat as there is no way she could manage the stairs.

What are you up to today Jazz, how are the dogs? Did you get your TV set up ?

turns out it was just a loose wire, so have sent the tv back and ao, lovely people, gave me my money back

just had a bill through for the panic button and wardens coming once a week. ive not had to pay it before, but because of the cuts, I have to pay it now, so most of the tv money will pay that.

im giving jerry metacam, so shes in a better mood. it will be horrible seeing honey scared at the vets, but her teeth need seeing to as well. oo musnt feed her after 8pm and tomorrow

I am here.

We had a busy weekend. My sister, son, other son and girlfriend arrived on Friday for the weekend and 20 neighbours arrived on Saturday night for a party to celebrate hubby's 70 th birthday. A rather crowded and noisy house.

Family went home yesterday so getting back to normal now.

Son, dil and grandson arrive of Saturday for a week so all beds to be stripped, washed and remade, cupboards to be stocked up again.

My washing machine will be on non stop. Fortunately, it is dry and windy so should get stuff dried outside.

It's turning cold again here.

I thought the schools were off this week but it seems that the easter weekend is tagged on to the start of the holidays rather than in the middle. I've been going about thinking "it's not very busy for easter hols - yay!" I won't be thinking that next week though. Have I ever mentioned that I hate tourists?

Goodness blackmagic you've had a busy time. I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday party :comic19:

Awful, awful news from Brussels. It's only a matter of time before they hit here - again :(

Hello all its Sam ( Happylittlegreensquirrel ) here pretending to be Mark

For some reason since late November I have not been able to log in but today in a flash of "I can't believe its taken me 4 months to think of this" I have used Marks login

I will go and read back now but I hope everyone is well and enjoyed Christmas , New Year , Valentines day , Pancake day and every thing else I have missed

• Like 2

We had a very successful party. It was almost standing room only but everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.

Visitors have now gone.Two beds stripped and washed and out on the line. One to go. Towels washed and dried ready for next arrivals on Friday.

We have noticed Murphy seems to have difficulty seeing close up.

Last week when we came out of agility it was dark and the outside light was not on. He stood looking at the boot opening and stretching towards it then coming back as of trying to judge the distance.

Now Murphy always jumps in first and Cleo stands aside to let him in before she jumps in. Cleo always jumps out first.

After Murphy hesitated a few times Cleo pushed in front of him and jumped in the boot, Murphy immediately followed her in.

This morning we were going out and the dogs ran to the boot of the car. Murphy looked at the boot then stood back and Cleo jumped in first. He immediately followed her

It seems they have come to an arrangement.

It is interesting how dogs are able to communicate with each other.

Murphy can still, however, see a fly move on the horizon.

Hi Sam

I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering when we'd last heard of you. I had a couple of instances where I couldn't get on the boards and it took a while to sort it out.

blackmagic it is funny how our dogs communicate with each other! I saw numerous examples when George and Archie would come to some arrangement. Archie knew how to work George though and was quite devious in doing so. Like when he wanted on the sofa when George was already occupying it (they would never share it) Archie would look at the front door and start barking which made George rush off to see who was there. Meanwhile Archie would slip in behind him and take possession of the sofa. Worked every time.

Hi Sam

I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering when we'd last heard of you. I had a couple of instances where I couldn't get on the boards and it took a while to sort it out.

I think it was mid December reading back , buggered if I know what I did but one morning I just could not log in

We had a lovely xmas with Aisling and things have been very busy here since then with work , we had the Dogs Trust CEO visit this month as they are my major sponsor for the spay neuter program , we have also been invited to give a talk at the Dogs Trust conference in Croatia later this year

Mark and I are going to Malawi for Mission Rabies from mid April to help run a mass rabies vaccination campaign and assist with some training for vets in running spay neuter programs we will be there for 6 weeks

I was just thinking how much my life has changed since the events of 2005 and losing my job in 2006 , if Snow had not put up a link to elephant volunteering in Sri Lanka ( thanks Snow) and I had not thought sod it why not bloody well go and do it then I wonder where we would be now

Over the last 10 years we have had some awful ups and downs far more than I have ever mentioned and I am very happy with where we are in 2016 and I hope it gives hope to every one that things even when they are very dark can change for the better because believe me I would not have wished my 2005 - 2006 on anyone and its taken me the best part of 10 years to get over that

Sam

Loobie , I am so so so pleased Ashley is back home with you :flowers:

Snow sorry to hear about your health issues , I do hope you are able to have your procedures very soon :flowers:

Great update Sam. I remember your struggle in 05/06 and am really glad to hear you are much happier now :) :flowers:

If you ever get up this way again don't forget you are always welcome for a cuppa and cake and an Archie cuddle.

I've just had Cara here, our old dogwalker and little Evie's mum. She called in before she went to collect Eve from her daddy. All being well she is going to bring Evie for a visit a week on Sunday so I will get to see my little poppet :jammin: I haven't seen her for about 3 months and she's had a recent growth spurt so I expect she will be quite the young lady.

• Like 1