UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Lol... i must amit they look like little poopies again with a shaved belly and sooooo cute Lol

Grand total today for calories 1186...... i may have eaten under that but working out salad and cheese calories was a pain in the bum oh and the bloomer bread

Griff you can get apps for your phone that will work the calories out for you. The one I used to use had the calorific contents of all the major brands too, even down to what 1 slice of bread was, a helping of ketchup, spoonful of olive oil - just whatever! It also worked out the fat & sugar content and if married up with another exercise app could tell you how many calories you'd burned off. I just don't recall it's name!

Was it myfitnesspal yantan? Way smaller scale, but I've put on 10lbs since I changed my migraine meds and it is frustrating, so really feel for you griff :GroupHug:

Glad your internet woes are sorted yantan.

Glad Timmy is home with you Alex. Hope he continues to improve.

I'm in Canada at the moment. It hasn't been too cold for met of the week, but today it dropped to -18C (-30 with windchill) which is bloody freezing. Am missing my dogs and looking forward to seeing them again on Monday.

I think that WAS the one Sophie - thanks! When I was in Canada at this time of year they had one of the coldest winters on record. I remember walking out of my aunt's house to go to the car and my eyebrows froze! It was murder sitting in the plane for the trip home as the kept having to defrost the wings. As soon as they finished they'd be frozen again in no time. Safe trip back.

It is a white wonderland here today. It looks so pretty but it will be treacherous walking or driving off the main roads. I will take this any day over that rain we've been having.

So very slippery out there today, be careful folks.

I'm just testing out my new Talktalk fibre broadband. I was supposed to switch over yesterday but my router was sitting in the sorting office awaiting redelivery, but Sky didn't cut me off and was still using it this morning. Download speed is VERY slow at the moment - should eventually be 38-40Mb but is only 2.5Mb at the moment, but it could take up to ten days to get sorted. Hope it's okay for something I want to stream later.

We had a quick walk this morning - dogs don't seem to mind as they are all kipping now and Taffy is snoring his ickle head off :wub:

When we got back I rubbed leather balm into the new sofa. Not even done half yet but I've done the portion on the dogs' side which is front facing. Still need to do the side and back and then do my side plus the footstool. Needs a bit of elbow grease mind - it's like polishing shoes the old fashioned way, rub it on, leave a few minutes then buff to a shine. Takes me back to school days.

Bought some Calor gas yesterday, so me n the dogs will be snuggling up in front of the fire later.

Edited by merledogs

Hi Yantan, i have an app, it is off the nhs and it is very good, does have brands etc but i struggle working stuff out as i won' stand there and weigh my portion of lettuce etc...life is too short Lol

Sophie...that is cold, my friend went to visit his daughter over christmas and he said it was -20 then, we were laughing because he says the snow comes down but by morning the roads are clear as the snow plough has been out...here, the bus stops with half an inch. Safe trip home and i am sure the dogs will be chuffed to see you

Merledogs, if you were near me, i would have loaned you my car polisher, you would have had you sofa done in no time Lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-261362-Orbital-Car-Polisher/dp/B002QRUG68/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1452948443&sr=8-5&keywords=electric+car+polisher+buffer

I bet it would griff :laugh: It's not too bad, just faffy because it's a chesterfield so it's buttoned (including the surface of the footstool) so you have to get in all the crevices, plus it's massive so there's a lot of sofa to do. I've done the footstool as well now so will finish the rest of it tomorrow probably.

My aunty wanted to borrow mine for doing her sofa but when i said she would have to get 2 spare bonnets for it she never asked again...they aren't expensive and she could have used mine but not sure how car wax would sit on a leather sofa Lol

Just made myself popcorn.... 50g is only about 150calories and makes tonnes, got some left for later too. Just watching jerricho on catch up, not seen any of it, for some bizarre reason the fire stick doesn't have itv player or hub on it so i am watching STV instead Lol

oooooooo you can keep the snow ta Merledogs!!! i am on my own for the weekend so if anything goes wrong like me slipping over i am screwed....although if i shout loud enough my neighbour will come and get me up...if the dogs don't knock her over Lol. Parents are in bakewell for the weekend, the place they are staying is lovely apparently

We had snow all afternoon so it looked really pretty. I fed the birds twice today cox I felt sorry for them. We now have 6 collared doves who come to feed plus Mr & Mrs Percy Pigeon and Percy Pigeon Jnr as well as Robbie Robin and the blackbirds and the sparrows and the chaffinches and various others who call in.

Archie went out to look at the snow just after lunch, he'd already been on his walk, but has refused to go out ever since. I don't know if I will get him out again before bed. This will mean when I get up to go the loo I will have to let him out then otherwise he won't last all night.

You guys can please keep your snow thank you muchly.

I have been "sid" pain free since Friday - however by the same token I have been almost sedentary since Friday as I am afraid of angering "sid" he twinges warningly whenever I do something he doesn't like and I have yet to figure out what exactly he does and doesn't like - apart from me sitting on my bum in one place and not moving. :confused02: Now obviously thats fine now and again and when I don't have to go to work so we shall see what happens on Tuesday when I'm next due in the office. PJ's and dressing gown arrived - bargains too as Yours have a sale on and I got the dressing gown for £5 and 2 pj tops for £10 - mind you the bottoms were £10 each lol bought them 2 sizes too big for me as hystersisters website says you bloat after surgery and things need to be as loose as possible. I also got the paper gowns and knickers lol I'm going to put together a "go bag" and a list of anything that needs to be added to it just in case I need to go in suddenly. Meantime its just wait n see *sigh* at least I have been able to sleep ... in fact thats all I seem to be doing at the moment.