UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Yeah, I work in a pretty male dominated area (software development) - never had a problem before. And go owl - quite right too. In my situation it hasn't been anything quite that blatant, which has had the disadvantage of making me wonder if I've overreacted. The guy is basically infatuated with me, and has become obsessed with the idea that I'm in a relationship with someone else in the office (which I am not). But he was bothering me with messages on skype (which we use for work so have to be on) demanding to know what was going on, and I told him once that nothing was going on but it was none of his business anyway. He kept messaging me until I told him very bluntly to stop, and I stopped signing into skype when I wasn't at work. He did stop for a few weeks, but then he somehow managed to track down my reddit account and started messaging me on there. He also has a tendency to storm out of the office in tears if I talked to the colleague he thinks I'm involved with, which makes it somewhat difficult to do my job as I need to interact with both of them. As it was happening to a certain extent out of work, and was all just messages and nothing directly happening I wasn't sure if I was overreacting. But I decided whatever his intentions he was making me feel very uncomfortable. Thankfully nothing from him since I told him I'd take it to HR if he didn't stop immediately, and I think he's going to be moved to a different office so won't have to interact with him directly as much in the future. Feel much better about it now, plus my sister is over in a couple of weeks and will kick his ass for me if required :devil: She had a similar situation a couple of years ago, except in her case the guy proceeded to slash her tires and send her threatening letters, so she's very keen that this stops now.

I was going to take the dogs out on the bike, but I've decided I can't be bothered - they're not agitating and its cold out there.

We have had our first snow today. Not much but enough to make the place white. The forecast is not so good and it is COLD. Murphy stuck his nose out the door and came back in. I did tell him ihe would be ebtter going as t won't get any better but he declined.

I have finished off my Christmas shopping online tihs afternoon, except for hubby who says he has everything, as long a alcohol is included.

i am not usually so organised but my sons and DIL asked for Amazon vouchers so that was easy. Thank goodness the days of getting handed an Argos catalogue and a list of page and item numbers are over.

My grandson wrote his letter to Santa and one item was five fire engines. He was very precise it had to be five. I don't think he really knows what five fire engines means. It is probably a counting rhyme or song he gets at nursery.

Poor Kota. i hope she and you are okay. I am so glad we live in rural area where we don't meet many dogs when we walk the dogs. Some days we have the beach to ourselves. We moved for that reason as I had a reactive dog who didn't go looking for trouble but so many dog approached him.

The dogs we have met here are all friendly or they are on the lead and kept away from other dogs.

We do have a very good dog warden who will visit those with problem dogs and 'have a word'.

do you know the thing that most bothered me about his behaviour??? the running off crying when you spoke to someone else, i have never heard of a man acting like that in my life!

Thanks all, Kota seems fine.... i am just shattered though, it was our first walk out in ages and it got spoilt

• Like 1

Poor Dakota, I hope this doesn't set her back. Seeing friendly dogs tomorrow should help. Hope you aren't too stressed by it Griff.

Sophie that man is strange and needs help. Like Griff I was bothered by the crying thing. The best thing you can do is keep reporting him because maybe then he'll seek that help. It's not normal behaviour!

blackmagic according to the forecast I saw you have a lot more snow to come. If it does arrive I hope it won't make life difficult. Yay for Amazon vouchers! They make for easy shopping :)

Hi everyone :)

I am very glad to let you all know that after the last few turbulent months that hopefully things are getting better :) :) - I am not working at the moment due to ongoing shoulder problems, then our landlord decided to sell our house from under us with the prices of properties in the area I lived we couldn't afford to rent anywhere due to being on benefits and having dogs so we went to the council for help. My eldest 2 had to move out of home (which they didn't want to do) as my youngest is still of school/college age the council had an obligation to house us. Thankfully my lovely friend Fi looked after the dogs for us. After many months the council offered us a 2nd floor flat with a balcony albeit in a different town but fairly close to where we lived and fairly close to my 2 boys, and on the train and bus route for youngest to still get to college :) we moved in and last Saturday the dogs came home. We are all settling in now and hopefully things are on the up - even though I'm still not signed off fit to work I will be looking for a job after Christmas to try to regain some normality. It was Ashley's 13th gotcha day yesterday and my eldest son's 23rd birthday so a very special day.

It has been a bit rough as youngest has had some mental health problems which resurfaced as all of this started before his GCSEs but he managed to get some GCSEs and got on the college course he wanted, my older 2 are both in full time jobs and are happy, I speak to both of them every day and see them at least twice a week.

Sorry for the essay but I now feel able to let you all know what has been happening. I have been reading when I can and it has been lovely to 'see' you all so thank you all for being here and thank you to the refuge for being here too :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

• Like 1