UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

Afternoon all!!

Owl, sounds like you had a busy day

Jazz, enjoy the car boot

Snow, if that happens again, i would call the police....you don't want them to think people will put up with it, i am dreadful...i lean out the window or go out and tell them to feck off Lol

Bloody hell! Remember the gardens I mentioned a month or two back that belong to my family that got trashed by that asshat of a so called builder during his tenancy? Well my brother has been doing a sterling job of getting rid of all the waste that was dumped there and repairing the outbuildings etc..

So he was there yesterday chopping back undergrowth and turning the soil over and digging up waste that that idiot had buried that should have gone to special waste disposal. Well all of a sudden he saw a bone and dug it out and immediately thought "that looks human", but then thought "no, surely not" and put it to one side and carried on digging. Next thing he pulled out a jawbone complete with teeth! Just then one of the lads my bro has rented a workshop too arrived so he called him over to show him. They both agreed that both things looked human. They reported it to the police and a PC arrived. He looked at the bones and then got on his radio. Within a very short space of time a detective and forensics turned up.

They've removed the bones for forensic analysis as first of all they need to find out what age they are. They've informed my brother that no one is to be allowed in the area until they know more. My brother was joking with them that he's seen other bones in the undergrowth and that he hoped they would find it necessary to clear it all thus saving him a job. They did take this in good part and laughed but then said it might come to that!

One of the officials looking at the jaw bone thought he saw evidence of a spring having been attached which if true would mean that the bones were possibly from a medical skeleton. Yet another wondered if that was the case why would someone bury it.

So there you have it! I'll let you know what happens - unless you see it on the national news first!

I saw Coke and Popcorn mentioned on the boards and had a look. I had no sooner clicked on it than a spoken warning came on the screen with an 020 telephone number to call in case this had caused a virus on my computer. I don't know where 020 is and whether it is a premium rate call.

I have done a scan. Help please.

Yantan, eek! Halloween pumpkins, bats and skulls in the shops for the rest of us, but real skellingtons in Cumbria. Be very handy if the whole site had to be dug up. Hope it turns out to be nothing more worrying than an anatomical exhibit.

I suppose if you wanted to get rid of one you had acquired or inherited, your only option would be to take it to a medical school or bury it somewhere. It might cause a drama if you put it in the bin and it was discovered. And you could hardly take it to the tip.

You have got me wondering now. I must ask my sister if she knows what became of the skull which belonged to my step dad, from his time in medical school. I hope my mum passed it on to a hospital. There is nothing left of importance in the loft, just odd rolls of carpet and wallpaper. But maybe I should double check to be sure it is not lurking in a corner to surprise the new owners.

Edited by owl

Oooooo no, couldn't be doing with bones and skulls...that did make me laugh, the image of a sleton in a wheelie bin .....hilarious!!!

I have been thinking about you too merleyone, i hope you are doing o.k and work is a little better at the moment

Evening all. Sounds like we have all been busy - hope the skeleton isn't a real person :unsure:

Had a horrid day at work today. A patient's husband made me cry. He yelled at me and told me he knew more about his partner's eyesight (despite the fact he had no optical training) than I did. I managed to hold it together through the conversation before bursting into tears after he left. Thankfully it was at the end of the day, I just had to see one more patient before I could go home. I had circuit training tonight, so got there early and did some training on the punchbag :laugh:

Meant to add - after I got home from my crappy day, my brother's wedding invite had been posted through my door. There is no +1 on it. They obviously think that I have no chance of finding a bloke between now and June. Me being stubborn means I am determined to take a +1 to this wedding :laugh: Spoke to my mum tonight (to break the bad news that Judge Judy isn't filmed in New York, so we can't go and see her courthouse) and asked if I find a bloke between now and then, am I allowed to take him. She said they might be able to squeeze him in somewhere.

So if anyone knows of any fit, eligible blokes in the north west, let me know :laugh:

Awwww Jayne, the customers husband is a complete tw@t!! Why do people go round making other people upset and feel bad..just wrong

As for the wedding invite, you might have wanted to take a mate anyway...guess the horrid gf is permanent then? Sorry you can't go to see judgejudy lol....I thought you were already in america as I hadn't seen you for a bit....thought you were having it large in the u.s and forgot to say you had gone!