UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Alex, look after yourself :flowers:

Hope you get sorted Griff :GroupHug:

Needed a chufty badge at work today. I received a letter back from an ophthalmologist congratulating me on spotting a lesion at the back of a patient's eye :) It was nothing to worry about, but it was a bit dodgy looking, but I felt quite happy to be acknowledged by an ophthalmologist :biggrin:

• Like 2

Sounds like a great week, Purrpuss. Do you do fish sitting at all? I hope to travel the country a bit next year once I have moved and will be looking for house sitter to care for fish and giant land snail. There will be bats and owls there too.

If I can help at all, will do. Just give me a shout.

Merledogs, that sounds appalling. Really hope that your boss can sort it out properly :GroupHug:

Ben and Josie are in a very stroppy tizzy. They have been shut out of their bedroom, and it is of course my fault. Only this time it really is my fault. We are baby sitting a friends 2 cats, Mishka and Binks, just for a few days whilst their Mum is on holidays. My 2 are not, sorry, NOT happy at all. The imposters are in THEIR bedroom, on THEIR bed, yelling at THEIR birds, and getting different food and different treats. And to top it off, I gave the imposters some of THEIR cat milk this afternoon too :mad1:

I think they are planning on leaving home in protest, Mishka and Binks in contrast appear to be quite happy. The cat milk went down a storm :spit: although the atmosphere would have been even nicer without the :cussing: from my 2 little hooligans !

Spent this afternoon making some damson and apple jam and some damson gin and pickled onions. The only thing that could have made it better, would have been some gentle softly falling rain. Ah well.

Does anyone know anywhere in NE Cheshire where I can pick some sloe berries ? I have never made sloe gin, and would love to have a go.

• Like 1

Thanks for those links Griff, will look into them. Alex, take care of yourself...nothing is worth making yourself ill over.

Talking of ill, OH and I would like to do a cruise to the Norwegian fjords..we've never been on a cruise and he doesn't fancy it but he does want to see the fjords. We were debating whether to go next May when we both have "significant" birthdays, or the year after when it will be our 25th wedding anniversary. He says he thinks it would be better to go next May..just in case. Hmm...do I look that bad???

Griff, I hadn't read back and was just answering the last things I had read...so sorry your medical lot are being awkward, it's a joke when you are told to do one thing by a consultant/doctor whatever, then when you try to, you can't! Hope you get it sorted and I'd complain when you next see someone with a brain that you are not able to get appointments or results when you need them, even though you've been told you can.

Spent this afternoon making some damson and apple jam and some damson gin and pickled onions. The only thing that could have made it better, would have been some gentle softly falling rain. Ah well.

Does anyone know anywhere in NE Cheshire where I can pick some sloe berries ? I have never made sloe gin, and would love to have a go.

I saw some at Oulton Park the other week and am going tomorrow, if the squirrels have left any I will have a go at picking some, but not much chance as they polished off the the hazlenuts. there might be some on the Middlewoodway, there were wild rasberries up there a while ago but I ate loads when walking the dog.

I have damsons a plenty right now, I picked 14 pounds of fruit on Wednesday and didnt even make a dent in the trees.

Lauryl and Hardy...what do you do with damsons? we have trees nearby and all the fruit just falls and goes to waste...at least i think they are damsons Lol

Suzeanna...personally i would go sooner rather than later, i always thought that i may have chance to go places and now i have no chance at all. if you had been near me you could have loaned my gear. As for the medical stuff.... it will all sort itself out at some point, i am done with chasing results and flapping Lol

Merledogs... i hope today is going o.k for you ((hugs))

Purrpuss, thank you. It's not difficult to get someone to come to feed fish and snail, but I thought someone and possibly their dogs might like to have a little holiday and enjoy the nature reserve and the huge country park with lakes close by.

Well spotted Gooster. Nice to be appreciated.