UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

For anyone who has or likes horses, BBC4 at 9pm tonight has Lucy someone or other learning the art of horse ballet..a forerunner for dressage...taught by a young guy who trains the horses for displays at Bolsover Castle (not far from us, you can see it on the horizon from the top of the hill), and he also was the stand in for Aidan Turner as Ross Poldark when there was fast riding to be done. Should be interesting..she's not ridden before, and she has to learn to control a rearing horse! I remember the young woman who gave me riding lessons when I was about 12..her idea of seeing if you'd be a rider was to stick you bareback on her chestnut mare (no hat, of course!) slap it on the behind and send you full tilt down a half mile straight in their fields. If you didn't fall off, she'd teach you to ride, and very good she was too.

Sounds interesting suzeanna - I'll have to look out for it (hopefully I'll be home from mucking out Blue by 9pm!!)

It took me ages to get to work this morning - left home at 7.20, walked into work at 9.15. Last week I left at the same time and got to work at 8.40. The trams were just rubbish this morning!

Blue has started to come in overnight - think he had a party in his stable the first night, his bed was gross!!

was he stuck or playing Yantan???

He was playing! He only had to take his mouth of it and it dropped down so he could take his feet out. It's from The Lion Whisperer programme, the whisperer is Kevin Richardson who has an uncanny bond with the lions. He tries his best to protect the lions from big game hunters and the like.

Yes griff, decided that it was draining me of too much energy and made me uncomfortable. Especially as the guy I work with is really two faced. Saying he hates so and so and then being all sweetness and light with them. If you dislike someone you don't have to be all pally pally with them, professional will do. I think he is has many issues though!!

• Like 1

Well Murtle...better off without having to deal with him... i couldn't stand being in the office at work, someone would walk out and out would come the claws, they would come back and everyone was all nice and then someone else would go out and they would get bitched about! i just stood there with my chin on the floor

Yantan, glad he was playing...thought he was but you never know do you?

Made a moroccan tagine for the slow cooker...no idea what it is likely to turn out like but super noodles are on standby Lol

Oooh like the sound of the Moroccan tangine Griff. I have a tangine pot which I have only used once but winter's coming so I hope to get more use from it.

I forgot to tell you all, with not being able to access the board for a couple of weeks, that I became a great aunt for the first time om September 4th to little Freddie

Freddie with his big brother Biggles

image6.jpg

Freddie on daddy's knee

d97383ef-9a5a-4d20-a9e6-5c452c04c0be.jpg

• Like 3