UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Griff, it always puzzles me when you see dogs left all day in the garden, or shut indoors on their own. Why bother? Get a goldfish or something!

I'm fuming at the moment that some twit in Government feels its acceptable to overturn Hull Council's decision not to allow a facility for testing on beagles and give it the go ahead. I've signed the petition, hope a lot do and it gets stopped. If you look for a petition to sign, make sure it's the right one..there are several and apparently only "approved" ones will go before the House if they get enough signatures.

Merledogs, feel better soon....you can keep your germs away from me...thanks Lol

Suzeanna, disgusting isn't it? wonder who got the bung or what have they have promised to do for the community

Jazz, maybe the letter will come tomorrow

Fence is nearly done, dad did it yesterday with assistance from me

WP_20150907_001_zpsx1boo5zz.jpg

we need to cut the posts down a bit but i am thinking maybe some trellis on the top?? it would however take me over 6ft high so not sure if i can have it

Just need to walk the pups and fetch a parcel, back for a sit down and then training tonight

Do you remember...ages ago..I said they'd put in for permission to opencast the fields behind our house? It's been dragging on and on as the company involved hadn't got the correct evaluations, hadn't applied for drilling rights etc etc. It's three years now. Just got an email from the chap who runs the website opposing it, and they've withdrawn the application, then immediately reapplied with slightly different wording! FFS! It'll be another 12 weeks consultation period before it ever gets to the planning stage, and what's the betting if the council turn them down they'll go to the Government and some chinless wonder will give permission. I'm fuming..if I could get my hands on the bloke in charge of this charade he'd be singing soprano!

Do you remember...ages ago..I said they'd put in for permission to opencast the fields behind our house? It's been dragging on and on as the company involved hadn't got the correct evaluations, hadn't applied for drilling rights etc etc. It's three years now. Just got an email from the chap who runs the website opposing it, and they've withdrawn the application, then immediately reapplied with slightly different wording! FFS! It'll be another 12 weeks consultation period before it ever gets to the planning stage, and what's the betting if the council turn them down they'll go to the Government and some chinless wonder will give permission. I'm fuming..if I could get my hands on the bloke in charge of this charade he'd be singing soprano!

We have that sceanrio with wind farms, Council reject the applicairon so they resubmit with one less windmill while trying to woo the community with bribes of money.

This money sounds good but it can only be used for community projects. This a very rural area with few community facilities so the money canlt be used.

One such villahe has no comunity centre, no community organisations and not enough population to have them. They cannot use the oney so it goes to an adjacent community whi are struggling to spend 1 million pounds.

Locally we had an footbridge across a river between a local estate and the beach. It became unsafe and was closed.

Nobody knew who was responsible for it so months of research followed.

It was built by locals many years ago, without objection from the estate whose land it is on. but they did not pay for it nor have any responsibilty fot it.

The cash strapped council deny any responsisbity for it and suggested it was the responsibilty of the community council. They were happy with that until they discovered that their constitution prevented them from owning anything so back to squaer one.

Eventually , the council accepted it was thiers but have no money and no intention of repairing it.

As it is a facillity used by locals and tourists visiting the beach and walking in the area I would have thought that the 'windmill' money could be used to repair it.

But no, it does not belong to the community so does not qualify.

Evening all

( EX ) Friend gate rattles on with another email with a slight retraction re some of the comments , no apology for anything and finishing off with nice strong "you ( as in me ) are still hurting my feelings" , I have set it up so any further emails go straight into my bin unseen

Am off to a bar this evening that are a running an pub quiz for Dogstar , should be a giggle

• Like 1